Chapter 4 - The Party

( Kayla's POV)

Okay everybody! This has to be her best birthday ever. Since none of us could give her a sweet sixteen let's make it a sweet seventeen. Mom, can we have it here? "Sure honey". Okay so now that we have the place lets do food, any ideas? Yes Amanda, "how about a chef?" Alright! Sounds good. It's going to be formal so guys dress nice and girls in dresses or skirts. I'm going to run this by Claire to see what she thinks and lets do this people!!!
***
    *ring ring*. Hello? Hi Claire bear!! Kayla says. "Can you meet me and Drew at the park?"

"Sure! I will be there in ten"
     I finally arrive at the park. "So what's up guys?" They both are smiling so I'm wondering what's going on.

"What's going on?"

"Oh nothing, it's just that Drew and I had an idea to throw a party for your 17th birthday!!" Kayla said.

" I can't ask you guys to do that for me".

"Oh no we want to, since we couldn't spend your sixteenth birthday with you we are determined to spend your seventeenth with you"

"Alright, if you want to, give me details" "Okay so..."
   Once she told me the plan I was excited but angry because I had to wear a dress.
"No!"

"Yes"

"No!"

"Yes Claire you are wearing a dress and we are going shopping!!!". Yay, "notice the sarcasm Kayla?" She rolls her eyes.

    We finally arrive at the mall and Kayla drags me and Drew into the mall. We reach the dress shop. "I'm going to go, see you at the food court" drew says.

"And where do you think your going mr?" Kayla says "your coming with us! We need a guys opinion". Ugghhhh, me and Drew both groan at the fact that we have to shop for dresses.

   "Excuse me miss?" Kayla says to the lady that works here. "Yes?" We are looking for a dress for my friends sweet seventeen where would we find those kind of dresses. "In the prom section miss" the lady said

"okay! Thank you"

    What size are you? The lady asks. "Five".

"Okay I have a lot in that size I will go get them for you!" The lady says. She hands me a bunch of dresses then leads me into the dressing room where she asks me

"Is that your boyfriend and your sister out there?" I start laughing "no the girl is my cousin and the guy I wish but no he's just my best friend." I say. "Oh okay, I think he likes you though " the lady says...

   I try on the very last dress because all the others I hated, but as much as I hate to admit it, I love this dress! It's blue with black lace on the bottom, it goes a little past my knees. I walk out to show Kayla and Drew. "Wow" Drew says in a very cute voice. "It's beautiful! Just imagine the dress and your make up and hair done with heals and jewelry! Your going to look drop dead gorgeous"Kayla says. "What do you think Drew?" I ask. "I think it's perfect, a beautiful dress for a beautiful girl!",he thinks I'm beautiful?  does this mean he likes me? I blush but I quickly hide it "thanks Drew!".

   "So when is this party?" I ask. "Saturday"Kayla says

"Saturday?! I can't have everything done by Saturday, omg we have to get decorations, food, cake, a DJ, a-

"Claire calm down me and Drew have it under control, we ordered everything already".

"Oh okay"

----------------- Saturday---------------

     Claire!!! Wake up, ITS YOUR BIRTHDAY! YOUR SEVENTEEN!! I jump out of bed and jump up and down with Kayla. "Yay!" Okay your party is in six hours so go get into the shower!