Chapter 5- I Hate Guys

The next few periods went by super slow. I looked at Andrew who was giving me death glares while flirting with Sophie, then I looked back at Kayla and all I could do was write all my feelings on paper.

"Where is the old boy I knew?
That guy is long gone..
Instead he is replaced with a monster
He is a guy I don't recognize anymore
He's the guy I used to be friends with but never will be again
He used to be fun caring and trustworthy
Now he's conniving and a liar
I wish I could go back to yesterday...
A time where we were friends and life wasn't all complicated
Now I look at you and I see nothing... Not trustworthy...
Not truthful...
Not my friend..."

  This is what I wrote Kayla, what do you think? " It's amazing Claire!" Thanks.

"Claire, can I ask you something?" Anything K, "is this how you feel about the whole Andrew situation because you know you can tell me and my mom anything".

" Honestly K this is exactly how I feel and I know that I can tell you guys anything it's just some bad things happened when I was in Cali so my psychiatrist  back there told me that whenever I felt mad or sad, to write it down because he noticed that I have a hard time expressing my feelings to people".

She gives me that look and I know what's coming. "Claire, what happened back in Cali? (I called it). Well, I was in a really bad relationship and let's just say it didn't end well. His name was Chase and I thought we were in love. But one day I don't know what happened, it's as if the guy I knew and loved disappeared, he turned abusive and I was his victim when he got mad. He would hit me, and slap me. But I finally said something about it when he punched me, so he got arrested. Then I started to go see Dr. Gray, he told me whenever I feel really bad that I should write it down on paper. He also said that it would be a good idea if I moved back home. So that's exactly why I'm here".

"Oh Claire, I had no idea." Don't be worried I am fine and I don't want to be treated like a victim.

"Alright, if that's what you want".

"It is, but don't you see why I am afraid now with Drew? One day he's all nice and friendly and had my back and then I left and when I came back he was bad. Then my birthday party happened and he said that he really liked me, but then when we came into school Monday and I saw him with Sophie I don't know, something just flipped and he turned crazy. He gave me this scratch on my wrist. I am scared that the whole Chase thing is gonna happen again so I am trying to avoid him as much as possible. He just keeps giving me daggers and I am just really scared all of the time now. I am scared that he's gonna try to hurt me". On those last few words i could hear my voice crack and I feel the tears coming down.

"Claire,come here it's okay". She gives me a big hug and I couldn't hold them back anymore at that point, I just break down. "Sh Sh Sh, Claire it will be okay he's not going to hurt you. Not on my watch and I don't know what's up with him but I will find out". I know that she's angry now because I can hear the anger in her voice.
**********
KAYLAS POV

I can't stand to see her like this, that's it I am going to go to Drew's house and I'm gonna knock some sense into him.

I pull up to Drew's house and park. I slam on Drew's door. "Drew get your ass out here now." I yell and I probably sound like a she-hulk. He opens the door and has that smug look on his face that I just want to scrape off. "What the hell do you want?" He asks and looks me up and down like a pervert.

I can't believe it, he's just asking as if nothing happened. "WHAT DO I WANT?! HOW THE HELL CAN YOU SAY THAT AFTER YOU HURT CLAIRE!. How the hell can you do since like that to her you jerk?" Then I push him a couple of times and he just keeps that smug look on his face and what he says infuriates me "That girl got what she deserved, she tried to fix something that's already broken, big mistake". So I punched him.

"You little bitch!" He says because made his lip bleed. "Stay away from Claire or that will be a lot worse". He looks so pissed, "You have no idea what  I'm capable off" he scoffs and I know he's bluffing. I laugh "oh Drew, I know exactly what your capable of, I have known you your whole life.

"Oh no, you don't know me at all. You and Claire better watch your backs because anything can happen".

"Is that a threat?". He smirks again "No I'm just saying be careful because anything can happen. Any time. Any place. Anywhere".

I am so angry at that point that words can't even come out of my mouth. So I just leave.
*******

The next few days are really weird because Kayla is staring daggers at Drew and vice versa, but he is also staring me down and I just feel uncomfortable and like I can't  breathe.

Kayla notices too because she puts her hand on my shoulder and says "are you okay?"  I look at Drew and he mouths to me watch your back. At this point I feel like I cant breathe. I start hyperventilating.

"Claire, calm down it will be okay." Kayla says but I can't control it. Mrs. Hearty our English teacher notices and says "Is everything alright over there?, Claire do you need to go to the nurse?" I nod because I can't get any words out.

Mrs. Hearty writes me a pass and I get up to get it. I still feel like I can't breathe, the last thing I see I Kayla and it all went black.
*****
I wake up to see a bright light being shun in my face. "Oh look,she's awake" I hear an unfamiliar voice say. "Where am I?" I say.

"Claire, your in the hospital. You had a panic attack and you blacked out" Kayla says". "When can I go home?". "In an hour or two, but I am going to give you a prescription, take these whenever you feel like you have high anxiety and are about to have a panic attack" I hear the doctor say. "Okay thank you!" Kayla and I say in unison.

A couple hours later me and Kayla are on our way home. She said to me forget what you thought cuz' good girls are bad girls that haven't been caught so just turn around and forget what you saw cuz' good girls are bad girls that haven't been caught. Kayla bursts out the lyrics to good girls by 5 Seconds of Summer. "Your so weird" I say. "No I am not weird, I just have a deep love for Luke Hemmings and 5sos".

Whatever, I laugh. We finally reach our house and park in the garage. Aunt  Mary must be at work (she's a lawyer so she has clients everywhere) she also travels a lot so she might be away. Kayla unlocks the door and we go up to my room. Aunt Mary left a note on both of our doors saying 'girls I had an emergency with one of my clients. I will be back in a few days love you'

"Okay let's go to sleep" Kayla says. "It's only 10:00: I know what your thinking "she spent that much time in the hospital?"  Actually I didn't. After I got discharged which was at like six, me and Kayla decided to go out for dinner but she chose the expensive place which is an hour away. So when we finally got there it was 7:45pm. We ate and then we made our way home by 10:00 because Kayla insisted that I listen to a couple of 5 sos  songs.

"I am aware what time it is but you had a busy day today so let's go to sleep I will get my sleeping bag and sleep in your room" Kayla says. "Alright". She gets her sleeping bag and we go to sleep. "Claire?" "Yeah?" "Can you tell me why you had such a bad panic attack that you passed out?".

"Fine. When you asked me if I was okay, I looked over at Drew and he had that face that Chase always had, so I had memories of when he hit me and made me his human punching bag. I had images of him hitting me and all the awful things he said to me. So then I panicked and I couldn't breathe and I guess I blacked out".

"Okay, well just do you know I will never let him hurt you or any guy for that matter". "Alright goodnight"
"Goodnight Claire". And with that I drift off into a deep sleep.

---------------------------------------
So what did you guys think? What's up with Andrew? How could he say something like that?

Sorry for any typos

Comment what you think and I will update as soon as I can which hopefully will be in a week or so.
-Jen