HUMAN BEING (Strike-out)

MARK CAME AFTER FIFTEEN MINUTES, immediately disappeared behind the door that led to Satan’s office. When he walked out, he glared at me. Before we left, he signed the papers saying I’d be back next week. Then he opened the door for me and we walked out into the hallway, into the elevator.

“Everything okay?” I ask as the doors close. He presses G and leans against the elevator wall, hands in his pockets. I watch my reflection in the elevator doors, silver and completely distorted. I frown.

All I could see was a busted lip, skin angry red from scrubbing too hard, eyes that had nothing inside…

“No…” he hesitates, “Emma, I got this therapist to help you. I didn’t want my little girl to be someone who cut herself. I wanted Jane to actually help you. But you? You keep being uncooperative, and what’s that going to do?”

Did you just call me your little girl?

“Dad, seriously… I didn’t have anything to tell her. I told her about how we’re all getting along and that’s it. You brought me here to talk, and that’s what I’m doing.”

“Yeah… Why do you have such a big problem with Jessie? Your mother wouldn’t have wanted you to act like this.”

As if you know what my mother would want.

The elevator doors open and Mark walks into the building lobby, outside toward his truck. I follow far behind him.

“Look,” I say, “I’m sorry if I didn’t tell her enough. But you can’t blame me when nothing that’s worth talking about ever happens.”

Ha.

“Look, I’m tired of this, and Jane and I are very close to admitting you into a mental hospital.”

“Oh, what good will that do? Maybe you should get rid of Jeremy.”

He stops, turns toward me, the coldest look he’s ever given me.

“Now, why would I do that?” he asks as he backs away from me, walks toward the driver’s side of his truck. I freeze for a moment before I’m sitting in the front seat.

Why would I do that?

His body was pressing onto me…

 What kind of question was that?

And then I felt him inside of me, and everything…

I take my notebook out of my bag, start writing. Make sure Mark isn’t watching, doesn’t see what I’m saying about him.

It’s not like he’ll care anyway.

<><><>

Who told Mark he was suited for being a father parent man human being?

_____________________________________________________________________

NOTE: bold and italics are supposed to be strikeout >.>