HARMONY

Something’s gotten into me. I don’t know what, and I didn’t notice it until Aiden turned the stereo on, music immersing throughout Ali’s studio. It was as if everything that Jeremy had done to me came out, and everything was fine again.

“Remember that thing you choreographed?” he asked, turning toward me. Too late, though. My body was already moving.

“Aiden!” Ali yells as Aiden watches me, “Do you really think thing is a good word for it?”

“Nope, but dance isn’t either.”

“Oh, please,” Blake says as she stands up from the sofa, “if Ashlee were here, you know she’d dance better.”

“You think your voice can do that much?”

“Ha, better than yours.”

“Can you people go one day without arguing?” Ali cuts in.

“Doesn’t matter. Aiden will be proven wrong once she gets here.”

I freeze mid-song, stare at all of them

“Ashlee’s coming?” I ask. Blake nods.

“So’s Anna. She wants to take pictures. Artistic ass…”

She rolls her eyes, sits back down, flipping her phone open. I look back toward my reflection. She looks different today, better than ever before. Hair isn’t frizzy, facial expression isn’t broken. It’s pretty weird how a little music can change so much.

“You should start over,” Ali says after a moment, “God knows I love watching you.”

I smile, and Aiden starts the music over.

I begin.

<><><>

The front doors to the studio slam shut, footsteps coming toward Aiden and me as we sit on the sofa. My legs are pretty sore (the last time I danced was the week before everything deteriorated, but I guess that isn’t enough of an excuse).

“You should start working out again,” Aiden says as he hands me my water bottle. I glare at him.

“Are you saying I’m fat?” I ask, “Because, if you want to get technical, you’re definitely fatter than I am.”

“First of all, that’s not what I meant, and second of all, no I’m not. It’s all muscle.”

“Yeah, same here, and you’re still bigger than me.”

He smirks.

“Hey,” Anna calls from the balcony. I look up, see her red hair dangling over the rail. “You guys aren’t going to start making out again, are you? Because that’s not something we want to see.”

I laugh until I realize she said we. Just as I suspected, the monster is making his way down the steps, trailing far behind Anna. He looks pissed, probably from the joke Anna made.

Or from the fact that I laughed.

“Come on!” Anna yells as she stands at the foot of the stairs, “I don’t have all day.”

“Really? What else do you have to do?”

“Movie at four. Screwball comedy.” She smirks, “You guys want to come?”

Aiden nods as I shrug. Jeremy and Anna spending time with each other alone doesn’t excite me.

“Okay. Emma, stand mid-studio.”

I stare at her for a long moment before my legs start working again.

“Aiden, music please,” she says. Aiden stands up, starts the song over again. I sigh.

“Go on,” Anna says. At first, I don’t think I want to. But no matter whose eyes are watching – green, blue, or brown – my body still moves.

I guess monsters can’t take everything away.

_______________________________________________________

Notes:
So, i really wanted to give Emma a remedy other than cutting herself :( so voila - dancing -__-

And the video is just to show how she dances... i would use this choreography but... seems like i'd be stealing :( but this is definitely an awesome dance so enjoy it :D 

Thanks for reading :)