EVIDENT

Yep... this is the last chapter :) enjoy

__________________________________________________________________________

AIDEN AND I WALK INTO HIS BEDROOM, him jumping onto his bed as I walk into the bathroom, try to fix my hair. It’s curly again, the frizz gone completely out of it. But it’s still hard as hell to keep it. I grunt as I pull it back trying to fix the eyeliner that’s smudged under my eye

“You know what I want to know?” Aiden asks from his bedroom, leaning back against his headboard. Once Jane talked to him, I could tell he wasn’t really pissed with me at all. But I could still tell he was angry at the fact that all of this happened, that he can’t change the fact that it did.

“What?” I ask as I stare at my bottom lip, notice how it’s slightly chapped. God, it’s disgusting.

“Why did you do it?”

I step back away from the mirror, stare at him. “Why did I do what?”

“Why did you try to protect everyone else.”

My stomach flutters, a weird question I wasn’t expecting. I sigh as I look back at my reflection, pull my hair behind my ear.

“Well, I didn’t want Anna to go through what I had to go through. I mean, to go through something like this, and to even think about it happening to someone you love… It’s kinda sick, you know?”

“Yeah.”

I hesitate, think of Michelle, how she reminds me so much of myself when I was her age. Then I smile a little, watch my reflection.

“And for Michelle… I don’t know, she’s just so innocent. Mark’s gone completely insane, my grandfather’s getting older every day… I guess I knew she was going to be the last person in my family who isn’t completely broken, and I wanted to keep it that way.”

It doesn’t take that long for me to hear footsteps approaching, for Aiden’s arms to wrap around my shoulders from behind.

“I don’t see broken when I look at you,” he says.

I laugh. “Then what do you see?”

“Well… I see that you’re hurt and that you’ve been broken, but I also see how strong you are.”

I laugh harder. “Yeah, okay.”

“No. Do you have any idea how much strength it takes for someone to do what you did? And the fact that you told me just proves my point even more.”

“It took me a year to tell anyone else other than my father—”

“But you still told him, and even after he was a jackass, you still told someone else. So no, I don’t see broken when I look at you.”

I stare at my reflection, suddenly realize how well I can see myself. I look nothing like I did a few weeks ago, my complexion brightened. It’s still weird because I still can’t see who I was before, a totally different person staring straight at me.

But it isn’t the ugly girl I’ve faced for the past year.

I sigh deeply, smile.

“Can you see what I’m talking about?” he asks.

I nod, the heartfelt answer making its way out.

“Yeah," I say, "I can.”

_____________________________________________

:/ ok so i really only had ten minutes to write this chapter... from scratch, which is why the ending is kinda BAD -___- but yeah, i wanted the last line to contradict with the title :) and now for two weeks, here comes the SERIOUS editing :D

thanks for reading ;)