8

I was in Scott and Chris' dorm, laying on Chris' chest on the couch. Some movie was on. I didn't even know the name of it, but I was too distracted because Chris was playing with my hair.

We had been dating for a week now, and I couldn't have been happier. Except the fact that he was leaving next week. But I tried to ignore that and just enjoy the present besides loathing the future.

"I'm hungry," Chris whines. "Lets go get something to eat."

"I have classes," I remind him. I don't blame him for forgetting, for this was the one day I had morning classes since my teacher would be gone for the afternoon.

He sighs. "Then after that," he says. "When do you get out?"

"Three," I reply, then giggling because I hear his stomach growl beneath my head.

"I can't wait that long," he pouts. "I'm hungry now."

I roll my eyes, sitting up. "Then go eat without me. I have to get to class."

It was 11:10 and I had classes at 11:30. If I waited any longer, I'd be late. I try to stand up, but Chris pulls on my hand, dragging me back into his lap.

"Chris," I say. "I have to go."

"Why," he says into my shoulder, his arms around my waist. "Why can't you just stay here with me?"

"You know why," I say, twisting around in his arms to face him. "If I skip one more day I'll have to retake the course."

Too many times have I skipped class for a fun day off with Chris, even when we weren't dating. I could only afford about three more skips.

I lean in to peck him on the lips, but he wanted more, deepening the kiss. I smile as he nips on my bottom lip, trying to get me to stay. I pull away, shaking my head.

"Now I really have to go," I say, finally being able to stand. "Text me if you think of somewhere we can eat after class. I'll meet you there."

"Okay," Chris says, walking me to the door. "I'll see you later."

"See you," I reply, grinning as he pecks me on the cheek.

...

I got to my class only a minute late, arriving right as my professor started his lecture. I set down my bag with a sigh, pulling out my notebook as I prepare myself for three and a half hours of literature.

About half way through my class, I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket. I check it under the desk (my professor gets very offended when we use out phones during a lecture) and see that it's a text from Chris.

How does Leone's sound?

I smile to myself. Leone's again?

He replies with: Yes. And don't pretend you're sick of it because I know you love it.

He was right. I did love Leone's. We have been eating it ever since we were little. Sometimes after school back when Scott and I were fourteen and Chris had just gotten his license, we would drive over there and eat dinner. Ah, memories...

Class ended earlier than I expected. I drove to Leone's, about to text Chris that I was about ten minutes early, but I get stopped inside of the restaurant.

"Charlotte," I hear a voice say.

I turn around, coming face to face with a pair of green eyes. "Parker," I say, surprised. "Hey."

"Hey," he says. "What are you doing here?"

"Meeting Chris for lunch," I say warily, remembering what Chris told me about him. And now that I knew, I could see right through Parker's act.