10

"Define three effects the Industrial Revolution had on society," I quiz, looking at Chris expectantly.

Chris' blank face lit up slightly. "I know this one. The working conditions, urbanization, and...and...medicine?" he answers, his confidence wavering.

I shake my head, flipping over the note card. "Close. Medicine wasn't one of them. I think you meant to say public health and life expectancy."

"Yeah, that," Chris says, wiping his eyes. He yawns, glancing over at the clock. "It's been three hours. Can we take a break now?"

"Not until you get five questions in a row," I reply. "Now, who was the president during the Civil War?"

"Lincoln," Chris answers almost immediately. "That's the third time you've asked that question."

"Just keeping you on you're toes," I tease, wrinkling my nose at him.

He only smirked, leaning closer slowly, seductively. And then, in a low and wistful growl he replies, "I'm already on my toes."

Chris leans in further, his eyes lazily on my lips. And I was so enchanted by him I almost let him kiss me, absentmindedly leaning in as well.

But at the last second, I exhale, pulling away. "No," I say, although I ached to say yes. "You will pass this test and I will make sure you do."

I turn my attention back to the flash cards in my hand, not daring enough to look up into his eyes. "Alright," I say. "Where were we?"

I continue to look at the cards, but when Chris didn't answer, I couldn't help but look up to see what the matter was. He was being unusually quiet.

"Chris?" I say, looking up at him. And seeing the look on his face, so tired and yearning, I found myself wanting to say nothing more.

The flashcards fly out of my hand, my palms latching around his neck as we pounced for each other. He attacks first, firmly and passionately grabbing me by the waist.

The force of him throwing himself at me sends me backwards on my bed, Chris roughly laying me down and crawling on top of me.

Our lips meet in a fiery kiss, so wild and uncontrollable. My fingers went into his hair, Chris' gliding up and down my sides and making me shiver.

He bites on my bottom lip, causing me to moan. While my lips part in that sound, he takes the opportunity to slip his tongue in, beginning to massage it with mine.

By this point, we are both moaning in pleasure, my hands unconsciously clawing at his shirt. Chris breaks the kiss, allowing me to catch a small breath as he pulls the shirt off of his back.

He tosses it across the room, once again closing the gap between us. I gasp, running my hands up and down his bare chest.

The kiss was so deep, so romantic. I never wanted it to end.

But then, Chris started tugging on the hem of my shirt, making me freeze. I pull away, my eyes wide.

Chris looks back at me, unsure. "I'm sorry," he says, both of us breathing heavy.

I close my eyes, falling back into the bed with a sigh. "It's okay," I exhale, slightly annoyed.

"Baby, I'm sorry," he says again, rolling off of me and placing his forearm beside my head to gain balance. "Just tell me when to stop."

I shake my head, pushing at his bare chest. I felt sick, not even wanting to look at him.

"Just leave me alone, okay?" I say, rolling off of the bed and walking away from him, running my hands through my hair.