The girl who cried wolf: Chapter three

Chapter three

     I was running through the woods, the rain hitting me hard. My heart pounding in my chest, i was panting heavily. I could hear the twigs braking as I ran, I felt free and alive. It was exhilarating. Suddenly I hear a loud howl and I stop dead in my tracks, I look around trying to find the source. Suddenly I see a big black wolf step out from amongst the trees, i felt myself panic as I span round ready to run. Instead of running I just stand still, my body tingling as I sense it getting closer to me. I can feel it’s warm breath on the back of my neck. Suddenly I hear a male voice in my head, a voice I’ve heard before but I can’t place.

    “Who are you?” it asked.

I turned to face the wolf, my eyes glued on his. As I looked into its big amber eyes I can see my reflection. I’m a wolf, a white wolf. I sniffed the air and take in his scent, it sends my body into a frenzy, every inch of me tingling with pleasure.

I slowly opened my eyes, a small smile spread across my face. Still half a sleep I got up and walked to the bathroom, as I walked past the mirror I caught a glimpse of my reflection. I turned to the mirror and was shocked by what I saw. My hair was damp and there were leaves in it, I was naked and I had mud on my hands and up my arms. I looked down my body and saw that like my hands, my feet were covered in mud. But how? How did I end up like this? Suddenly I thought back to my dream, the image of the black wolf and the white wolf reflected in his eyes. It couldn’t be, could it? Could I have changed? Was it really a dream? I had no idea, what other explanation could there be. But surely if I had I would remember, I'd know if I had changed. Wouldn’t i? No, it can’t be it must have been something else. As I stood there staring at my reflection, I tried to think of another explanation, maybe I had been sleeping walking. Maybe I walked outside in the rain and stumbled, causing me to get mud on my hands and feet and leaves in my hair. Yeah that had to be it. I must have been sleep walking.

***************************************

     I walked into the kitchen glad to see Tyler and Faith sat the big dining table eating their breakfast. After a second or two they noticed me walking towards them. Tyler smiled and took another mouthful of his scrambled eggs, Faith on the over hand smiled and then pulled a funny face.

    “What?” I asked looking down at myself hoping I hadn’t missed any mud or a leaf.

    “We seriously need to take you shopping.” Faith replied.

I looked once more at the baggy t-shirt and jog bottoms I was wearing, she was right it wasn’t the best look in the world but it was all I had. I needed to do something; I only had one more set of clean clothes left in the bag my mum had sorted out for me.

    “She looks fine.” Tyler said not looking away from his plate.

    “Pay no attention to him he knows nothing, look at him for Christ sake.” She chuckled. “I’ll take you into town later and we can go mad, think it as a belated birthday present.” she continued smiling at me.

    “Thanks Faith.” I said smiling back at her.

    “What are aunts for?” She said quickly winking at me as I headed towards the table.

    “Ummm. What’s cooking, whatever it is it smells good?” I asked as a mouth-watering smell hit my nostrils.

   “Nothing.” Tyler said looking at faith as they gave each other a puzzled look.

I suddenly heard someone walk in the behind me, quickly turned to be greeted by the sight of Luca. He had nothing on but a pair of black shorts, his tanned skin was dripping wet. I couldn’t take my eyes off him as I watched a drop of water run down his toned muscular chest and down his six pack.