The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Twenty-two

Chapter twenty-two

(Faith’s POV)

     I slowly walked down the hallway towards the stairs; the house was silent and full of tension. It had been like living a nightmare. Ever since Wyatt beat Luca, The pack was torn. We knew we had to follow Wyatt, he was our alpha but Luca was a much loved member of the pack. Everyone had noticed a change in him since Mia arrived; he’d shown great potential of being a great leader in Wyatt’s absence. Everyone had also noticed a change in Wyatt, although he had pretty much always been a little harsh and headstrong. Although at the moment, I thought he seemed demented. It’s like something inside him snapped, almost as if seeing Mia brought back all the feeling and emotions of losing Hope. I slowly headed down the stairs and into the kitchen. I was surprised to see my brothers, sister, Tyler and Antonio sitting around the dining table. They all looked as tired and drained as I felt. It had been three days since Mia had collapsed and she was now lying unconscious upstairs on her bed.  

     “How is she?” Joy asked her voice thick with concern.

     “The same as before.” I answered as I walked towards the empty chair next to Antonio.

I slumped down into the chair and rested my head on his shoulder. He wrapped his arm around me and drew circles on the top of my arm with his fingertips, trying to comfort me. I could feel myself relaxing a little bit but I couldn’t let myself relax completely. Not when I knew that Mia was laid upstairs lifeless.

     “She’ll ok she’s a strong girl.” I heard Antonio’s voice fill my head.

     “I know she is but I can’t even imagine what it would feel like if I ever lost you.” I replied resting my hand on his.

     “I would never let that happen, my sweet. Never is ever going to come between us.” he said as he smiled down at me softly.

     “I pretty sure Luca promised Mia the same thing, now look at them.” I said as a tear ran down my cheek.

He turned away from me briefly, he knew what I was saying was true. He had seen first-hand how protective Luca was towards Mia. Suddenly everyone’s attention was focused on Tyler as he slammed his fists into the table, creating a crack down the centre.

     “This is bullshit!” he shouted.

     “Tyler mind your language!” Tristan shouted back at him.

     “Why? It’s true!” Tyler replied, as his body began to shake with anger. “We should be doing something to help Mia and Luca, not just sitting around on our arses. This is wrong dad and you know it!” Tyler continued.

     “I wish things were different Tyler but there not, there nothing we can do. Wyatt is our alpha and what he says goes. Luca is not our concern he is no longer in the pack. If you acted a little more grown up then perhaps you would realise that!” Tristan shouted as he jumped to his feet, knocking his chair to the ground. 

As soon as the words left Tristan’s mouth, I knew the reaction Tyler would give him. This was an on-going topic of argument between the pair of them. So many times I had comforted Tyler after these arguments; it was something that really got under his skin. Right now though I wasn’t interested in their argument right now, my mind was filled with concern for Mia. I looked out of the window, trying to escape the growing tension in the room. The weather outside didn’t seem that much better, as black clouds rolled across the sky. It slowly filled the room with an eerie darkness. My head snapped back to Tyler as he let out a threatening growl.

     “Don’t even go there father. How can you sit there and tell me that I need to grow, when you aren’t even willing to open your eyes and see what’s going on. You father are the one who needs to grow up and grow a pair!” He shouted.