The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty

(Luca’s POV)

     Wyatt’s amber eyes burned into mine, his body shaking slightly. As he tried to stare me down and intimate me, I stood my ground, keeping my eyes on his. I wasn’t going to let him win, I hadn’t done anything wrong. Mia was my mate and I had every right to be with her. He wanted to have a go at fine; I just wanted this crap over and done.

     “So are we going to talk or are we just going to stare at each other.” I said calmly keeping my eyes on him.

He let out and low growl and clenched his fists.

     “What the hell have you done Luca, Mia was mine?” he spat.

     “I claimed my mate, Mia is my mate Wyatt. She’s mine not yours and she’ll never be yours.” I answered as calmly as I could, hearing him call her his made my blood boil.

     “I don’t give a shit if she’s you’re mate or not she’s mine. I’m the alpha of this pack and I can have whoever I want!” he shouted.

I could feel the anger inside me growing; my need to protect Mia was kicking in. I could tell from his tone that he believed in everything he was saying. He felt that he deserved her, that she was rightfully his. The fought made me sick, I didn’t want to think of her with anyone else. She was my Mia.

     “No you can’t!” I shouted back.

     “Don’t you dare talk back to me little brother, show me the respect I deserve!” he said as he shoved me backwards towards the steps, almost making me stumble.

I stabled myself and looked back over at Wyatt. I felt as though I was truly seeing him for the first time, I realised that he man I thought he was. I had grown up idolising him, hoping that one day I would be as great an alpha as him. Now I just looked at him in disgust, he was a bitter and twisted, selfish bastard. He wasn’t my brother any more he was my enemy. I took a step towards him, my body filled with anger and hatred. I stopped a few inches away from him, my body shaking and growling loudly. I looked him up and down briefly before spitting in his face.

     “You don’t deserve my respect!” I shouted in his face.

Suddenly wave of anger rolled off of Wyatt’s body, hitting me full force. Fear slowly grew inside me; I just hoped my eyes didn’t betray me. I couldn’t let him know that he had intimidated me slightly. I couldn’t be afraid; I needed to be strong for Mia. I had to be the man she needed me to be. The problem was I knew what Wyatt was capable of; I had seen him take out his anger on someone. I had tried to stand up to him before but he overpowered me. What if I wasn’t strong enough to beat him? As I looked into his hard face I saw a smirk on his lips. He had seen the flash of fear in my eyes. Suddenly I felt a sharp pain in my gut and I was sent flying backwards, as Wyatt punched me full force. My back slammed into the steps, the wood cracking from the impact. I closed my eyes for a seconds and I recovered from the shock of what had just happened. I slowly opened my eyes and found Wyatt’s face hovering above mine, a smug expression on his face.

     “You don’t deserve her Luca you’re too weak, you’re not even strong enough to fight me for her.” he laughed. “You’ll see Luca, she will be mine. soon she will be screaming my name out. I will show her what a real man is.” He said as he stood up straight and stepped up the over me and up the steps.

As his words sunk in something inside of me snapped. I couldn’t get the image of him forcing himself on Mia out of my head. I jumped up off the steps and turned to face the house.

     “Wyatt you’re one to talk, you let your mate be sent away, you let her get captured and raped. You’re the one who is weak.” I spat at him.