The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Twenty-one

Chapter Twenty-one

     As Wyatt’s words span around my head, I felt my body grow weak. It was almost as though the life was being sucked out of me. As my head started to spin his word just kept getting louder and louder, repeating them over and over again. I felt my stomach churn and twist, before I knew what was happening I throw up again. Tears were streaming down my pale cheeks; I could hear the faint sound of voices around me. As I sat there crying I felt two pairs of arms wrap themselves around me.

     “It’s ok Mia, everything will be ok.” I heard Faith’s voice say.

      “How can everything be ok when I don’t have Luca?” I replied sobbing harder.

     “Mia we will find a way to sort this out I promise. We will find a way.” Tyler said.

As I cried even harder still a wave of exhaustion flowed through my body, if felt almost as though my body was shutting body. Know that life without Luca was not worth living, I didn’t fight it. I let the darkness consume my body. As my breathing slowed and my eyes started to slowly close, I saw an image of Luca’s face slowly fade away.

     “Mia. Mia. Mia!” I heard them all shout as everything went black.

**********************

(Luca’s POV)

     As they carried me through the house I felt alone for the first time in my life. I felt empty and alone, the voices that once filled my mind were now gone in an instant. One voice in particular I missed more than the others, Mia’s. I tried as hard as I could to reach her, but I heard nothing. I felt like a shell. Everything that meant something to me was now gone. I had become what I hated, I was a rogue. Lycans aren’t supposed to me on their own, we’re pack animals. Lycans that are on their own for too long tend to go mad, they give their selves over to their wolves completely. I would like to say that that my body and soul longed for Mia but it just didn’t. This was breaking my heart. It scared to me think what she must be feeling or not feeling right now, I wish I could wrap my arms around her and tell her that everything would be ok. Unfortunately if I even tried to do that I would probably be killed on the spot. Plus I barely had the strength to keep breathing, everything hurt. I could imagine that this was what it felt like if you were dying, although I’m pretty should Wyatt would let it get that fair. Not because I was his brother but because he wanted to torture me. He wanted me to live with knowledge that he had Mia and he was doing god knows what to her. The thought of it sent shivers down my spine, what hurt me even more was knowing that there was nothing I could do about it right now. I weak and powerless, this would only be made worse when they got me in the basement. The Wolfsbane would slow the healing process, it would take weeks. In that time I could be too late. He could have claimed her, he could have had her. As much as I tried to fight it I could feel the tears forming in my eyes. What kind of man was I, I couldn’t even protect her. I let her down, instead of warding him off I handed her right to him. I was so lost in my thought that I hadn’t even noticed that we had reached the door to the basement. As the door was opened and they carried me in, the scent of the Wolfsbane burned my nostrils. As we headed down the stairs I could feel it soaking into all of my wounds, the pain was unbearable. With the little bit of energy and strength I had left I tried to fight against them, I had to get out of here.

     “Luca stop fighting, you’ll only make it worse.” I heard Tristan say.

I didn’t stop, the pain was excruciating. It was making my blood boil; I could my wolf's pain. It felt like he was thrashing around inside of me. 

     “Come on Luca you need to relax, the more you struggle the more the Wolfsbane will circulate in your system.” I heard Ethan say.

I knew he was right it was almost as though my body had a mind of its own. Part of me didn’t want to fight it. There was nothing I could do now. Wyatt would just keep me down here forever, torturing me making me hear everything he does with her. I felt them lay me down on the cold ground. Connor stayed by my side as the other grabbed some chains. I turned my head and watched, with blurred eyes, as they threaded the chain in a ring in the wall. This would be the spot I would spend the remainder of my life. I would have to sit opposite the dirty rogue, the rogue that caused the argument with Mia. I slowly turned my head, groaning with pain as I did so. I glared at her, that bitch had ruined everything. I could just about see a small smirk on her smug face. I bet she loving seeing me being chained up. Knowing that I was now just like her, a rogue.  As they pulled me towards the chains, I could she sadistic laughing which reminded me of someone else’s. As they lifted my hands above my head and placed the chains around my wrist, I could feel myself slipping me into unconsciousness. As everything around me started to go black, her laughter got louder and louder. Suddenly an image of Wyatt entered my mind, she sounded just like Wyatt.

*************

     “Good morning sleeping beauty.” I heard someone say.

As the female’s voice drifted to my ears, all I could think of was Mia. Perhaps it was all a dream, a really bad dream at that.

     “Mia?” I said quietly as I tried to lift my head.

     “You wish.” I heard the vice say.

My eyes flung open, the lights blinding me for a moment. As my eyes adjusted, I was greeted with the sight of the naked rogue. She was chained up in front of me. Suddenly my body was filled with agonising pain. The realisation of what happened hitting me like a brick wall. I wasn’t dreaming, it was all real. I had lost Mia forever. As the pain subsided a little, I focused on the rogue.

     “How long was I out?” I asked.

     “A couple of hours, at the most.” She replied. “How are you feeling?” she asked.

     “What?” I asked in shock.

     “How are you feeling?” she asked once more, looking a little concerned.

I looked back at her for a moment in pure amazement, why was she asking me that? Why did she care? I had a feeling; deep down in my gut she was up to something.

     “I’ve been better. I feel like I’ve hit by a high speed train.” I said keeping my eyes on her.

     “I know that feeling, don’t worry it will pass. Give it a few days perhaps just over a week.” She said still looking at me.

     “Thanks.” I replied, still feeling a little suspicious.

     “Don’t look at me like.” She said looking a little disappointed.

     “How else do you expect me to look at you? How can I believe anything you say, you’re up to something. You’ve got to be, you’re nothing but ….” I answered.

      “A rogue!” she cut me off. “Funny because the last time I checked, you’re now officially a rogue as well. So don’t you dare talk to me like that and think you’re better than me! Do you seriously think this is the life I would have chosen for myself? I know what it’s like to be alone, to be an outcast. I just wanted to help you, I can’t stand you but no one deserves to be alone!” she spat at me.

I couldn’t take my eyes off of her; I could see true emotions in her eyes. She was speaking form her heart. I could by the scars on her young body that she too had been through the wars. Now that I saw her properly for the first time, I felt something deep down inside me. It was almost as though I knew her, or she was part of me. I still didn’t trust her but there was something about her that called to me.

     “I’m sorry.” I replied finally.

     “Don’t worry about it; I’m used to people not trusting me it’s all part of being a rogue.” She replied. “You know if we ever get out of here, you should come back with me. You should join my pack.” She continued.

I didn’t know what to say; a few hours ago she and her pack were attacking us. Now she was offering a chance for me to join her. Today was full of twist and turns, it’s was like being on a rollercoaster.

     “You don’t have to answer right now, there are some things you need to know about us. Unfortunately I can’t tell you here the walls have ears. What I can tell you though is that there are people, that I work for, who are looking for your precious little Mia. That’s why I was sent here. Since I haven’t been able to connect with them since telling them I found her, I would say they are coming for her.” she said looking a little disappointed with herself.

     “What?!” I shouted. “Someone wants her and you’ve lead them right to her. You fucking bitch. What have you done?!” I shouted outraged by what I had just heard.

     “I’m sorry I was just following orders.” She replied.

     “I thought you said it was your pack?” I asked confused.

     “Well it is but we work for someone else.” She said a hint of disgust in her voice.

     “Well if you haven’t been able to connect with your pack, then you’ve probably been booted out just like me. So really you’re offer is a load of shit.” I said glaring at her.

She looked down at the ground, almost as though a sudden wave of realisation had hit her. She was alone just like me. Now I would have to rot in this basement with the little bitch, knowing that there was someone out there hunting Mia down thanks to her.