The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

     I stood on the steps in shock, I had to know more. I quickly snapped out of my daze and rushed up the steps and into the house. As I shut the door behind me, I quickly looked around for Tyler. I couldn’t find him anywhere but I soon picked up on his scent. I ran up the stairs as fast as I could, following his scent to his room. I paused briefly before I tried to open the door but it was locked, I knocked but got no answer.

     “Tyler let me in please! You can’t just say something like that to someone and think you can just walk away.” I said as I knocked on the door once more. “Tyler please just talk to me.”

I stood there for a moment but still got no response. I turned around and leant against the door, letting out a small sigh. My head was spinning from Tyler’s bombshell. What did he mean he was special and what was he on about with Lucia? What tricks? I thought my life here was starting to become somewhat normal, well as normal as it could be. Now everything has been turned upside down. I thought I couldn’t be shocked by anything anymore, I guess I was wrong. I was so lost in my thoughts I didn’t hear Tyler unlock the door. Before I had time to react I felt myself falling backwards, as the door was opened from behind me. I let out a little scream, closing my eyes tightly as I waited to hit the ground. After a moment I slowly opened my eyes, realising I hadn’t. I found myself looking up at a concerned looking Tyler; I could feel his arm under my back. It’s the one Lycan abilities that I wished had, lightning fast reflexes would be handy.

     “Are you alright?” he asked pulling me up to standing.

     “Yeah I’m fine; I just didn’t notice you had opened the door.” I replied.

     “Look Mia I just want to be alone right now, I’m really tired.” He said as he turned back towards his room.

     “Tyler you have to give me explanation, you can’t just leave me hanging like that. That was one hell of a bombshell not that I really understand what it meant. I know whatever it was that happened out there this morning, you were behind it. You have to tell what you did.” I said as he leaned onto the doorframe.

For moment he just looked down at his feet, almost as though he thinking about what he should say. I waited patiently, hoping he would decide to give me an explanation. Finally looked back up at me and motioned me to enter in his room. As I walked in it still amazed me by how neat and tidy his room was. I never took him for a big reader but there were shelves filled with books. I watched as he took a seat on the edge of the bed, his face looked drained and his eyes looked pale. I hadn’t really noticed when he stood in the doorway but now it was so clear. I walked over to his large black leather bean bag and sat down. Whenever I came in here I nicked his beanbag. Normally he’d laugh at the goofy grin I’d get, when I sunk into it but not this time. This time he barely looked at me, he just pushed himself back and leant against the wall. He looked like he was going to fall asleep any second. I thought about leaving him alone so he could rest, it was obvious he didn’t really want to have this conversation right now. Just as I was about to get up and leave he started to speak.

     “So what do you want to know?” he asked, his voice sounding weak and strained.

     “Well what did you mean I’m not the only one who’s special?” I asked while I fiddled with the hem of my damp top.

     “Well have you noticed that since you been here there hasn’t really been a miserable day. That every time we decide to have a day on the beach it ends up being a scorcher?” he asked me.

I nodded in reply too curious to give him a proper answer. I leaned forward a little eagerly waiting for him to continue.

     “Well there a legends amongst our kind. Legends that state that every so many hundreds of years there are some of us born with extra abilities. That some of us are born with extra powers and well I’m one of them. I can control the weather, or at least the weather reflects my moods. If I’m happy it’s sunny, if I’m sad it rains. Do you get the picture?” he asked.