The girl who cried wolf: Chapter four

Chapter four

     I laid on my bed and stared up at the ceiling. My head was spinning with everything that had happened today. The sensation that raced through me when Luca’s body brushed against mine. My new found confidence and the attention I received because of it. The unsettling feeling deep in my core when Wyatt ran his fingers through my hair. It was an emotional over load. I began to wonder what all of this would have felt like if I was a full Lycan, since the others had said that your emotions and senses were a hundred times stronger. It didn’t bare thinking about; I don’t think my mind or body could take it. Even though part of me longed to know, no, to be like the others another part was glad I escaped it. Although some things would be great, the mind link for example. As I laid there I decided to give it go, to test it, to see if I could do it. I closed my eyes and tried to clear my confused mind. I concentrated as hard as I could, still not entirely sure how this worked.

     “Hello. Is anybody there?” I thought and wasn’t too surprised when I heard nothing in return.

Keeping my eyes closed I let out a big sigh and decided to go to sleep for a while. I hoped that maybe when I woke up I would feel a bit better. I turned over onto my side, got myself comfortable and tried to go to sleep. As I started to feel myself drift off I started to hear something, I started to hear voices in my head. So many voices. They started of quiet and got louder and louder, I felt like my head was going to explode as they got louder still. I frashed around the bed with my hands on my head, I just wanted them to stop. As the pain became unbearable, I felt something wet run down my face from my nose and ears. As they got louder still I couldn’t take no more and screamed in agony. Suddenly it went quiet for a moment and then all in unison, I heard several voices all saying one single word.

     “Mia!” They boomed in my head.

Within seconds I heard my door slam open and felt the bed dip as someone sat beside me. I felt their hands on me as they tried to twist me round to face them. As their hand touched mine I felt myself calm down a little and my body relaxed. After another moment I heard a familiar voice which calmed me even more.

     “Mia. Mia can your hear me? Are you ok? What happened?” Luca asked.

I slowly moved my hands from my face and slowly open my eyes. As I looked up at him I could see panic in his face.

     “I Heard….There were so many….they wouldn’t stop.” I replied as he placed his hand on my cheek.

Suddenly Joy, Faith and Tristan came running into the room. As they rushed over to me Luca moved away, he seemed reluctant to move his hand from my face. Before I knew it Tristan cradled me in his arms.

     “What happened Mia? Can you tell us what happen?” He asked as he wiped my face with a towel which Joy had fetched for him.

My body tensed when I saw the blood.

     “There were so many voices, so many voices.” I finally replied.

They all looked down at me with puzzled faces; as though they had thought I had lost my mind.

     “What?” Luca said taking a step back towards me.

     “The packs’ voices I was…I was trying to…” I stopped myself, now feeling a little foolish.

     “You tried to mind link with us?” Faith asked in shock but I could see excitement in her eyes.

    “Yes.” I replied weakly. “There were so many voices, I couldn’t control it.”

    “I take time and practice.” I heard someone say.

Everyone turned to the door and there in the doorway stood Wyatt. He looked over at me with concern in his eyes but a small smile on his lips.