Chapter Three

Picture of Alpha Reed Cummings played by model Lucas Bernardini

I apologize for this being so short, but I had to stop it where it was

I apologize for this being so short, but I had to stop it where it was. Next chapter will have Reed's POV in it!

~COPYRIGHT 2013~

*Ella's POV*

Today is the first official day of college. I had gotten ready this morning in haste and then I went to pick up my schedule. At first, I was excited. I thought that I would have all medical classes and that all of my high school stuff type things were done. Well, I was wrong. Turns out they had put me into calculus as well as some stupid English class I didn't want to take. And that class just had to be my first one. Why me?

It had taken me nearly twenty minutes to find the god damn classroom. Luckily I had chosen to get up early this morning so I would prevent myself from being late. The professor was already there and I introduced myself.

Now here I am, sitting in an empty classroom with my English professor waiting for the other students to show up. Soon enough, they all come flooding in. A girl with ginger hair sits next to me without saying a word and waits patiently. When a boy comes and joins her, they quickly begin making out. Great, just what I need today.

"Hey, you two, calm it down, will you?" a sexy voice says from the doorway.

I can't help but turn to see where that sexy voice came from. Standing there is the hottest guy I have ever seen with a killer body and awesome hair. The smell coming off of him is intoxicating and I want nothing more than to lean my head in his chest and sniff him. Wait, what? What am I talking about?

I shake my head and turn my attention to the front. However, I'm quickly distracted when I'm engulfed with the smell. The male is now sitting next to me on my other side, talking to his friends like I'm not between them.

"Do you guys smell that?" he asks.

"Man, what are you talking about? All I smell is the professor's nasty cologne," his friend chuckles. The girl giggles with him.

"No, this smell is like cherry blossom with a hint of lavender. You don't smell that?" he questions.

"I think you're going slightly insane," the girl comments. "Cause I'm with Parker on this one. All I smell is that disgusting professor. And I don't think that is cologne. I think it's BO."

The couple laughs with one another and the boy beside me looks around. I can see his nose twitching as he continues scenting out whatever it is.

"If it makes you feel better, I smell it too," I say, quickly glancing at him.

Well, it was meant to be a quick glance, but my eyes are captured by his. He stares at me for a second.

"It's you," he breathes.

"What?" I ask, entranced by his stare and the smell engulfing the two of us.

"You're what smells so good to me," he says, tilting his head to the side.

I blush and look down. "Would it be weird if I told you that you smelt good too?"

"No, because after all, we ARE mates," he smirks.

"WHAT?" I shriek loudly, attracting unwanted attention.

He covers my mouth with his hand and tells me to calm down. He then holds my cheek in his hand.

"Don't you hear your wolf telling you I'm the one?" he wonders, stroking my cheek softly.

I close my eyes and breathe in his scent. That's when I hear it. My wolf is softly purring, whispering mate over and over again. My skin is tingling where he is touching me.

"I do now," I say, opening my eyes.

"God, you are so beautiful," he replies.

I blush again. "Thank you."

"You two, no talking! This isn't high school! We are in college!" the professor scolds.

We both pull away from one another and look to the front. Just as I begin to take notes, a piece of paper is slid over to me.

I open it up and read it:

Do you have a class after this?

I write back:

No. My next class is at 11.

I pass it to him and watch as he reads it, replies and sends it back.

Good. What do you say to breakfast after class? I want to get to know my beautiful mate more.

I smile and reply with:

Sounds good. Can't wait.

The class drags on for another hour and finally we are released. I gather my things, placing them in my small backpack. Right as I am about to put it on my back, a hand catches mine.

"Let me, my lady," my mate smiles.

With another blush and a thank you, I let him take it. He looks at his friends.

"You guys up for breakfast? I was just about to go with my lovely little mate here," he said.

"Mate? Damn, it's about time," the boy, whose I now know as Parker, comments.

"Aww, come on Park, don't make fun of him," his girlfriend pouts.

"You get me with that pout every time, baby. Keep those sexy lips where they are supposed to be before I devour them," he grumbles sexily.

My eyes widen and my mate chuckles.

"Are you guys coming or not?" my mate asks.

"Dude, I wouldn't pass up a chance for food! Let's go!" Parker cheers, dragging his girlfriend along.

My mate takes my hand and leads me to the café that I was at a couple of days ago. We found a seat in the back and ordered.

"So, what's your name?" the girl asks me.

"Ella. You?" I respond.

"Janie. Nice to meet you," she replies. "This is my mate Parker. He's the Beta of this pack. You're lucky. You got the sexy Alpha."

My eyes widen once again and I turn to look at my mate who is engaged in a conversation with Parker. They are oblivious to us sitting there.

"Alpha?" I gulp.

"Yeah. Reed is the Alpha of this pack. Didn't you know that?"

"No...We never introduced ourselves fully. You mean to tell me that this is Reed? Reed as in Reed Cummings?" I stutter nervously.

"Yes. Why? Is there a problem with that?" she questions curiously.

"Um...I...I need to go. I'm sorry," I blurt out, frantically trying to get out of the booth.

Right as I make a break for it, Reed grasps my hand.

"Where are you going?" he asks.

"I-I have to go," I say, pulling away and making a beeline for it.

"Wait! I don't even know your name!" he calls after me.

"Ask Janie if you must know!" I yell back, running for the boys dorms. Please let my brother be there, please let my brother be there...

~COPYRIGHT 2013~