Epilogue

~COPYRIGHT 2013~

*10 Years Later – Ella’s POV*

“Valentina Marciana Cummings, stop scaring your brother at this instant!” I reprimand my eldest daughter, now 9 years old.

It’s hard to believe she’s already 9 years old. It was only 9 years ago that Reed and I got married after I gave birth to our first child. It was six months of anxiety but worth it once I gave birth to my beautiful daughter, Valentina.

Valentina whimpers, feeling my Luna and motherly commands, and steps away from her brother, pulling the mask off of her face. Keenan, 4 years old and crying, runs to me with his arms held out. I pick him up and hug him into my shoulder.

“It’s alright buddy,” I coo into his ear. “It’s just your sister; you have nothing to be scared about.”

“Mama, why is Kee-Kee crying?” my 6 year old daughter, Kennedy, asks, her head cocked to the side.

I smile down at the curious child and open my mouth to explain when she screams and cuddles into my side, also crying. I turn around to see that Valentina has put the mask back on. Once she sees that she is caught, she rips the mask off and runs off down the hallway.

“Valentina, get back here!” I call after her.

“Whoa, where do you think you’re going?” a voice asks from around the corner. “I believe I heard your mother calling for you.”

Reed comes around the corner with Valentina in front of him, her head facing the ground. Once he sees the two children cuddled up to me crying, his facial expression turns to one of confusion.

“What’s going on here?” he wonders.

“Your oldest daughter thought it would be funny to scare her younger siblings with a mask,” I explain.

He looks down at Valentina and forces her chin up to look him in the eyes.

“Why did you scare your siblings?” he asks her. She shrugs and he shakes his head, disappointed in her. “Apologize.”

She turns to face me and pouts. “I’m sorry Mama.”

“Don’t apologize to me. Apologize to your siblings,” I respond.

“I’m sorry Kennedy and Keenan,” she mumbles and walks upstairs to her room for the night. She knows exactly where to go after she gets punished.

Reed walks over and pecks me on the lips, stripping Kennedy from my leg and picking her up.

“Reed, she’s too big to be held!” I scold him.

“Baby, I’m Alpha. She’s like a feather to me,” he replies.

I roll my eyes at him. He’s so stupid with his macho stuff. He thinks he’s so tough. But as much as he’s annoying with talking about how strong he is, I still love him. And I’ll love him until the day I die.

I look down at Keenan who is now asleep on my shoulder. I head down the hallway towards his room to lay him down in his bed when I hear the baby start crying. That’s our youngest, Wyatt, just 2 years old. I sigh and head for his bedroom instead, Keenan still fast asleep on my shoulder. The commotion with the other kids must’ve woken him up because he usually sleeps through the night.

Reed comes around the corner and says, “I got it babe. Go set Kee down for the night and get ready for bed. You need to rest. It’s been a long day.”

I nod and continue down the hallway. When I come to the door decorated with crazy coloring pages, I stop and open it up. Ever so slowly I set him down in his racecar bed, covering him with his blankets. Kissing him on the forehead, I leave the room, closing the door gently behind me, sure to leave a crack. I know how much he hates the dark.

Yawning, I make my way to the master bedroom. I take my time to bathe and change, finally lying down in bed half an hour later. Reed joins me about ten minutes later.

“I finally got him back down, but he was giving me a hard time,” he tells me, referring to Wyatt.

I nod and pat the bed beside me, just wanting some quality time with my mate. He’s been so busy with Alpha work lately that I’ve barely had any time with him. Not to mention we had four crazy kids running around.

“You know, you really shouldn’t have been picking up Keenan,” he attempts to discipline me.

“Reed, I did it with all of the other kids when I was pregnant. Will it really hurt to do it this time around?”

“Not when you’re this big,” he says, rubbing my belly.

Yes, I am pregnant once again. I’m 5 months along. I can assure you that this will be our last child. I’m sure Reed will want many more, but I’ve always only wanted 3-5 kids so this is perfect. And I’m tired of being pregnant almost every year. It’s a pain in the ass being huge and not being able to do anything. Not that I don’t do anything because I do. I tend to push my limits a bit too much.

“Are you calling me fat?” I ask, making my eyes tear up, trying to scare him a bit. I’ve never gotten over emotional when I was pregnant so I’m not going to cry when he calls me big. It’s a fact. My stomach is huge.

His eyes widen when he sees my teary eyes and he panics. “No, I’m not calling you fat! You’re beautiful! I-I-I…”

I burst out laughing and he pauses, his eyes narrowing.

“Are you messing with me?” he asks.

I giggle and nod. He growls and pulls me on top of him, pinning my hands to his chest. I laugh but stop when he thrusts his pelvis up into mine. I can feel the bulge that’s present there.

“Reed! No, stop! I’m too far along for that!” I try to push him away.

“No you’re not. I talked to the doctor,” he smirks. “Now show me how much you love me, baby.”

“You’re impossible,” I laugh as he begins stripping us both of our clothing.

We surely did show each other how much love we had in our hearts for one another. And the next morning the cry of the baby awakens us.

“Back to reality,” Reed mumbles and gets up from bed, slipping on a pair of pajamas pants.

“But we always have tonight,” I say, mischief sparkling in my eyes.

“Oh hell yes we do!”

I chuckle to myself and get up to help with the kids. Just another day in the Cummings household. What a hoot.

~COPYRIGHT 2013~