Chapter 7

A/N:

Don't be a silent reader! Please, comments are much appreciated.

The 7th chapter and the 8th chapter are among my favorites. By the way, Logan is one of my favorite characters, and I like the idea of Valeri and Logan together. Should their ship name be Loleri or Valgan? You choose.

<COMMENT><VOTE><SUGGEST><SHARE>

Be sure to spread the word!

Lots of Love<3

Brianna

----------

Feeling some sense of contentment, I wrapped the sheets around myself. Today was a good day. Granted, my limbs were still bitterly cold, as a result from the snowfight, but it was worth it. I booked another date with Logan, that seemed like a win for me. I then realized that Evan hadn't been on my mind when I was around Logan. He was my own personal safe haven, a paradise with unlimited access. But, nothing comes free, so I knew that there would soon be some price to pay. Possibly, this wretched "rule number 1" that I was still burning to discover.

Maybe I could conjure up the courage to ask him about it when we met up in the pizza place. I suggested we just heat up some DiGiorno's in the oven and chill at my place, but he insisted on taking me out for our first real date, but I couldn't wait to see him tomorrow night. He's such a cheeseball, but I wasn't protesting. It was cute, refreshing even. I found myself smiling at the thought of him as I fell asleep, entering a state of euphoria.

I had no dreams that night. Which, in some ways, was a relief. It meant I didn't have to stay up for the umpteenth time, debating with myself over the hidden meaning of it. I was tired of thinking. I thought too much. All I had my mind set on was going to see Logan that night. I started prepping early for our date. I had slept in because I was exhausted from that snowfight, so I woke up at around noon. After I took my medication, which seemed to be working since I hadn't seen Evan since that night I had the dream, I started my nails. I painted them a light, dusted, icy blue. A face mask was obviously a must with my red, puffy, skin riddled with pimples and blackheads.

After a couple of hours, a hot, steamy shower was the cherry on top of my pampering, relaxing my nerves about the date. It was already about 4, and Logan was gonna pick me up at about 5. I went casual with the outfit, some grey jeans, a shirt that was the same shade of blue as my nails, with sleeves that stopped around the middle of my forearm. I had some black booties on with the zipper, the ones I wore the night I met Logan, and some jewelry. I wand-curled my hair, parting it on the side for short beach waves. I also put some BB cream on with some tinted lip balm, winged eyeliner, and mascara. I looked pretty good.

Once I was done, I took a seat in my comfy chair by the window, wistfully looking out. I wasn't necessarily sad, but I just had a serious look on my face for effect. Stupid? Yes, I know.

I decided to keep a journal, so I could start writing about everything I was feeling. I  only noticed Evan hadn't been in the last few entries when I read over them. Progress... I thought.

-----------

I hopped in the passenger's seat beside Logan.

"You look beautiful," he complimented. I felt warmth rush to my cheeks as I bashfully smiled.

"Oh, thank you. But I look kind of basic. It's just some jeans and a tee shirt," I reminded him. He smirked boyishly, looking adorable once again as he did so.

"You look gorgeous in everything." I smiled in response, gushing. He was so charming! Then I face palmed when I realized my rudeness.

"Oh, I'm sorry! You look awesome," I finally said, returning the compliment. He smiled.