The name

(A/N: this is barely a chapter) 

There were a few people still waiting outside, and I had Marie clear them out before I left. There was always more work to be done in the church, but for now I felt free to wander the city. I had to admire the combination of clothes I was wearing- the hat and glasses really did do wonders for concealing my identity. I do not think most of the gathered church members I passed on my way out could even recognize me.

The moment I stepped outside the door, however, a rough hand grabbed my shoulder and pulled me aside.

"What are you doing out?" Tecie sounded quite irritated. She was still wearing her blue hospital vest.

"Rather obviously, I think, visiting the church. Get your hand off my shoulder."

"I told you to stay low-key, Nichael. Low-key means out of church. Do you even know how easy it was to find you? I just walked right in and asked some lady, and she was all like 'Yeah, he's talking to some people about children right now.' Why are you talking about children?"

"None of your business."

"So. Michael's orders, huh? What does he want with children? Is there anyway to phrase this so it doesn't sound incredibly creepy?"

"Again, it is not your busi-" I paused, as I noticed something absolutely crazy. The nametag on Tecie's shirt, more specifically. It read 'TC Schulman'.

"What?" She asked.

"Your name. It's... TC."

"Yes?"

"Like, T dot C. Not T-E-C-I-E."

"Wait. Holy shit. You thought my name was 'Tecie'?" She laughed. "Who the hell names their kid 'Tecie'?"

"Damn it though. I've been referring to you incorrectly for way too long."

"Wow, you're really caught up on this, huh?" TC said. "I mean, you've been pronouncing it the same. Not exactly getting it wrong in that regard."

"Yes, but... Like, I've been thinking of it wrong. And getting it wrong. And that's terrible."

"On what level? Hey man, I'm not insulted." She couldn't stop laughing about it, actually. "Holy shit though."

"No, but that's such a major insult in Heaven. Knowing someone's name incorrectly is like, the biggest of blows of insults to that person." This was another cultural thing that I guessed she wasn't about to understand any time soon. But names were the most important part of a person.

"We're not in Heaven though. I'm serious, I'm not going to be fuming over this for years to come. I'm going to try to be serious now, and start fuming over you not listening to me. But wow, going to be hard to top. 'Tecie'. Wow. Really."

"Shut up."

"I'm honestly pretty impressed." TC said with a giggle.