Chapter 4|Teenagers are like a bunch of sharks

Shay Mitchell as Hazel everybody. Round of applause. Welcome her to the scene!

~*~*~*~

I couldn't get rid of him. Not that I wanted him to leave of anything...

After we had managed to swipe all traces of evidence from the crime scene, Ryan had offered to watch Jasmine while I showered. I gratefully accepted his offer.

When I came back downstairs Jasmine and Archie were playing sonic on an ancient play station of Caleb's, Archie was playing as Amy Rose and Jasmine as Sonic. Amy Rose was kicking ass. Obviously.

Ryan on the other hand, who was supposed to be watching Jasmine and Archie, was sprawled across the couch. One hand hung down, touching the floor and the other rested on his stomach. His head was tilted on a painful looking angle but his facial expression made him look peaceful. His face was relaxed, but even in his sleep his lips were tilted up in the beginnings of a smile.

The way his hair was sticking up was so adorable and I was tempted to run my fingers through it, but I decided against it seeing as that would be extremely creepy.

I really didn't want to wake him, but he couldn't stay here. It would just feel....wrong. I mean for any other girl it probably wouldn't be a big deal, but I'd never really been around guys much except for my dad and brother. I'd never had a boyfriend, never kissed a guy (except for on a dare but that shit doesn't count), hell I wasn't even friends with any guys. Basically the male species was foreign to me.

I plopped into an armchair a safe distance away from Ryan and peered over at his sleeping form. He was so still he almost looked dead. If it wasn't for the slight movement of his chest rising and falling, he could easily be mistaken for someone in need of serious medical attention.

I went back into the now spotless kitchen, making a mental note to bribe Jasmine so she wouldn't tell mom about our...adventures.

The clock on the wall read eight thirty pm. I did a double take, surely it didn't take that long to clean up. What was I supposed to do with Archie? And sleeping beauty's prince wasn't coming anytime soon. Wouldn't their parents be worrying about them?

I hurried into the living room where the sonic championships were continuing.

"Archie!"I whisper shouted, trying not to wake Ryan.

"Huh?"he said, twisting around so he could see me. "Why are you whispering?"

"Because he's sleeping,"I whispered, pointing to Ryan's sleeping form.

Archie giggled. "You won't wake him up. I tipped a whole bottle of water on him once and he still didn't wake up."

Archie turned back to face the TV just in time to see Amy Rose hurtle off the edge of a cliff.

"Aww man,"Archie pouted in defeat, placing his controller on the floor.

"Ha,"Jasmine whooped, jumping up to perform a well rehearsed victory dance.

"Archie are your parents expecting you home?"

"Nope, mom's at the hospital,"he shrugged nonchalantly.

"Is she alright?"I asked, concerned about the whole situation.

"She's visiting dad."

She's visiting dad? Why would she be...Oh he must be a doctor or a surgeon or something. She's probably taking him food or something. Yeah that's it.

"Oh, okay."
~*~*~

It was 10pm. I'd sent Jasmine and Archie to bed a half hour ago. Archie was sound asleep in the guest room and Jasmine was making those soft snuffling noises that she always made when she was sleeping. The pink light from nightlight shone out from under the door.