Chapter 25|I like cheese

This chapter is dedicated to YaiEliza, one of my fantabulous followers, for my amazing new cover.

Hope you guys like this chapter.

Unedited.

~*~*~*~*~

"This is the cheesiest thing I have ever seen in my life," I mumbled, staring up at the sparkling fairy lights and glittering paper cut into snowflake shapes.

"I like cheese," Ryan grinned, leading me through the winter wonderland that our gym had become. I don't know why that was our theme exactly. Maybe people were willing it to be a cold enough Christmas for snow. Clearly it didn't work, considering we were in California and it was practically warm enough to be summer all year round.

As soon as we entered the main room of the gym, which was swarming with people, I could tell which girl was Erika. I mean, she wasn't that hard to miss in all her pink disco ball glory. She was right in the middle of the dance floor, trying to be impregnated by a guy through their clothes. Not that her pink sequined dress left much to the imagination, and with her dress being strapless her boobs were practically on full show. She really did live up to her nickname, watermelon girl.

Kyle and Tara drifted across the room to another couple who I recognized as Lee and a girl from the volleyball team, I think her name started with a J. By the way when I say she was on the volleyball team, what I really mean is she thought the uniforms were cute so she joined the team.

"Hey!" Someone slurred near us, catching our attention. Justin was being dragged along by his rather impatient looking date.

"Are you drunk already dude?" Ryan asked with a disapproving shake of his head.

"I'm not drunk, you're just blurry."

"Yeah okay, we're leaving," his date said, glaring at the way his hand hovered dangerously close to her cleavage.

"But why?!" Justin whined, stomping is foot like a child having a temper tantrum.

"Because someone decided to do shots before we even got here," she said, rolling her eyes.

"Who?" He asked, looking around like he was legitimately trying to find the person.

"And that's our cue to leave," his date declared, pulling a reluctant Justin behind her.

"Where are we going?" He asked.

"To get you to bed."

"Will you join me?" He asked suggestively.

"Not likely," she replied, shutting him down.

"Will you at least read me a bedtime story?"

"I'll think about it."

They disappeared from my view as they rounded the corner to one of the four emergency exits.

"So Justin turns into a perverted five year old when he's drunk?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Either that or he just cries," Ryan confirmed.

"Charming," I concluded.

Ryan shrugged. "At least he doesn't smash bottles for sport, Lee's a violent drunk and he's a grudge holder too."

"Remind me to never piss him off."

I probably already had pissed him off.

"Don't worry about that, I'd never let him near you."

I didn't respond as the song changed
From a crappy pop song, to a slow song that I didn't recognize.

Ryan grinned, dragging me towards the dance floor. I dug my heels in, pulling in the opposite direction. I don't dance. Scratch that, I can't dance.