Chapter 10|I hate screamo music

Oooh, another update, (a non edited one).

That's two in one week, I'm on a roll.

Anyway, this is kinda short but I wanted to update before I went away.

I'm going camping for a week and there's no wifi.

Noooooooo, not the wifi!

~*~*~*~*~

"Why are you so quiet today?" Tara asked me from across the table.

"I'm just tired," I replied, resting my chin on my right hand. It's true, I was tired. It was a Wednesday and we were sitting at our normal table in the cafeteria, all six of us. We had become one big group instead of two, which was great because now I wasn't a loner in any of my classes.

"Why are you so tired? Tara probed.

That my friend is a very good question.

I glared at Ryan across the table. It was weird that he wasn't sitting next to me because I'd gotten used to that. He was keeping his distance from me on purpose.

"I told Ryan how much I hated screamo music. Big, big mistake."

The day before I had told Ryan that screamo should be banned because it sounded like someone pulling a cats tail.

So what does he do, I hear you ask? I'll tell what he does. He starts playing loud screamo music at two in the morning. That's not even the worst part. The worst part is when he keeps playing the same song over and over, and doesn't stop until six in the morning.

That's why he was sitting on the opposite side of the table to me. So I couldn't attack him.

"And what's your opinion of screamo now?" Kyle asked.

"You know when you buy something and you can't figure out if you like it or not, then you put it in your house and the more you look at it, the more it grows on you?"

I received several nods from around the table.

"Well the way I feel about screamo is the exact opposite of that. The more I listen to it, the more I hate it."

Tara snorted ungracefully. "You do have a way with words."

"Thanks."

I continued to pick at my salad. I don't like salad, especially when the lettuce is all soggy and the tomato seeds fall out of the tomatoes. Then you get this slimy, seedy stuff everywhere. It makes everything taste like tomato.

The conversations continued around me, but I didn't feel like talking. In fact, if I was allowed to I would've just slept on the cafeteria floor. Disgusting I know, but sleeping is sleeping, I'll take what I can get.

I realised at that point that my lips were really dry, and I had no lip balm. Why the hell didn't I have lip balm? I don't know, it's despicable really. Any girl- no any person who doesn't carry lip balm on them at all times should be ashamed of themselves. I am ashamed of myself.

Apparently I couldn't live without my lip balm, so I had to go to my locker to get some.

"I'll be right back."

I plodded out if the cafeteria and turned left. Luckily for me, my locker wasn't too far from the cafeteria. It was pretty convenient actually.

As I shuffled towards my locker I could see a figure in the distance. As I got closer I realised who it was.

"Alex?"

I completely forgot about that guy.

Shit I'm a bad person.