Chapter 22|You're a dumbass

It was the last period of the day and I was bored out of my mind. That was probably partly due to the fact that I was in the library but that's besides the point.

I decided to text Caleb because I had nothing else to do. As soon as I had sent the text my phone started vibrating.

"Shit!" I yelped rather loudly as I almost threw my phone in surprise.

The librarian glared at me over her spectacles and I shot her an apologetic look.

I quickly answered my phone.

"You couldn't have just text me back?" I asked.

"My thumbs are too slow, plus I'm sure you wanted to hear my beautiful voice."

"Whatever you say."

There was a long, drawn out pause.

"Is there something you want to say, or did you just want to listen to me breathing?"

That seemed to snap him out of whatever trance he was in. "Sorry, there's this lady giving birth a few rooms away, she's really loud, it's distracting."

"Well she kinda has the right to be loud, that has to be painful."

"Yeah, I have mad respect for her right now. When people say it's a mans world they're actually retarded. Guys are like, underdeveloped. That is a skill to be able to grow a human."

I laughed at the 'guys are undeveloped part'. "Okay, so not that I don't absolutely love talking to you, but why did you call?"

"Oh right, there was actually a purpose to this phone call. They're transferring me to that hospital that's like five minutes from our house."

My eyes lit up and a smile crossed my face. "Really? That's great!"

I probably said that a little loudly for the librarians liking because she put I finger to her lips in a shushing motion.

"Sorry," I mumbled.

"What for?" Caleb replied.

"I wasn't talking to you."

"Who were you talking to?"

"The librarian."

"Ew, why're you in a library?"

"Study period."

"Oh."

"So when are they transferring you?"

"The day after tomorrow. That's what stick-up-his-ass doctor said anyway."

I snorted. "Stick-up-his-ass doctor?"

"Yeah, you know the guy who didn't understand my sense of humour?"

"Oh right, the one you told to do yoga."

"That's the one. So how's school going?"

I shrugged, but then realised he couldn't see me. "Dumb."

"You're dumb."

"No, I'm smart."

"You're a smartass."

"Well you're a dumbass."

"Why does it matter what kind of intellect my ass has?"

"You started it bro."

"Me? No."

"Is there another brother I don't know about?"

"Not that I know of," he paused. "I wish Jasmine was a boy, I always wanted a brother."