Chapter 15|Maybe she's pregnant with octuplets

"My dad told me once that good things only happen to good people. So why does Erika have such white teeth?" Tara asked as she stared enviously across the hallway.

"Oh her teeth aren't that white, it's just the contrast between her teeth and those black eyes," I said gleefully.

That punch had done its job, and surely enough she came back to school with a broken nose and two black eyes. She hadn't talked to me since it happened, and she obviously hadn't narked on me either. I wonder how she explained that one to her mom.

Even just thinking about it made me want to jump up and down like a chihuahua on speed.

"There's something wrong with my phone," Tara complained as we walked to our English class. She smacked it against her hand, as if that would help.

"What do you mean?"

"When you nod your head yes, but you wanna say no. What do you mean?"

I glared at her. "Seriously?"

She grinned sheepishly. "Sorry."

"Guess it's too late now to say sorry cause I'm missing more than just your body."

"That was smooth," she said with a nod of approval.

"Thanks, so what's wrong with your phone?"

"Well it's either the phone, or I'm going blind," she replied, handing it over.

A frown formed on my face as I studied the screen. "Tara, this is...Chinese."

"I like Chinese," she clapped.

"No, not the food, the language."

"Well shit."

"How did you even do this?" I asked.

"It wasn't me," she defended, "It was Sam."

"Why did Sam have your phone?" I asked, handing the faulty piece of equipment back to her.

"Because he's a thieving little shit," she scowled, supplying enough hate in her gaze, to send the devil back to hell.

"At least his latest interest isn't global warming, and he doesn't want to glitter bomb everything in sight."

"Touché," she added as we took our seats.

Mrs Hartley rolled into the classroom earning a disgusted grunt from Tara.

"If I ever get like that please buy me a gym membership," she muttered.

I snorted. "She's a heart attack on wheels."

"Maybe she's pregnant with octuplets?" Tara suggested.

"Being pregnant doesn't give you quadruple chins," I chimed.

Tara and I shared a look then burst into fits of giggles.

We received curious looks from our fellow classmates, but I couldn't care less.

"Miss Harper, Miss Ward, is there something funny about syntax that I should know?" Mrs Hartley snapped.

Tara eyes widened in alarm.

"Uh, no we were actually just-" She was cut off by the annoying voice of...you can probably guess.

"They were talking about how fat you are, miss," came a high pitched voice from behind me.

I turned around to find...Annie Whitely? Since when was she in my english class?

Tara gaped at Annie. "What is wrong with you?!" She hissed.