Chapter 19|Did they chop my arm off?

Ryan and I sat down together, Ryan wrapping an arm around the back of my seat. We were still getting curious looks from the servicemen seated around us. The guy directly across from me was whispering to his buddies like a thirteen year old girl on her first period.

I leaned back in my seat. "You know if you're going to whisper about someone when they're right there, you might as well say it out loud."

"Your brother never told us how hot you were," he smirked.

"Well clearly I'm his little sister, so he doesn't think I'm hot," I rolled my eyes.

"You don't look like him," he said, swiftly changing the subject so he didn't look like in idiot.

"What's your point?"

"Is he like, adopted or something?"

I glared at him. "Who are you, Dr Phil? You're real intent on digging up my family history aren't you?"

He grinned smugly. "So he is adopted."

I groaned, this guy is asking to get his ass kicked. "No, he's not adopted. Are you happy now? Satisfied with that answer?"

He shrugged. "Who's pretty boy?"

I sighed, looking at Ryan, who was about ready to leap out of his seat and attack the guy. I placed a hand on his knee, he looked down, intertwining our fingers and leaving them to rest on his lower thigh.

I looked back at the guy across from me, who was staring, rather jealously at our hands.

"Pretty boy, could knock you out cold so I wouldn't call him that if I were you."

"Fine then pretty boy, show me what you got," he cracked his knuckles for dramatic effect.

Ryan rolled his eyes. "Look dude, I only fight guys my size," he looked up up and down, "and you definitely are not my size. It wouldn't even be fair fight between you and sunshine."

The guy quirked an eyebrow at my nickname. "Of course it wouldn't be even, she's a girl."

The nerve.

"Can I kill him now?"

Ryan shook his head. "Wouldn't want to get blood on this sparkly white floor."

I clenched my teeth. That guy has a death wish.

"Listen to your boyfriend sweetheart, wouldn't want to ruin that pretty little face of yours."

Sweetheart? Honestly this guy was really lacking in the creativity department.

"I was talking about you shithead, she'd put you on your ass," Ryan said, causing macho man to violently stand, holding out his clenched fists, his chair screeching as he did so, attracting the attention of the other soldiers.

Ryan stood calmly, holding his palms out to face the insane man standing in front of him. "Easy big guy, don't hurt yourself."

Macho man took a swing at Ryan, clearly missing by about an inch, the next one was aimed much more accurately, but never quite hit the target. Ryan caught the fist being thrown in his direction.

"You're embarrassing yourself," he said bluntly. "Here's what's going to happen; I'll let go and you'll sit your ass down in that seat, then you'll keep your mouth shut. Got it?"

"What if I don't?" He sneered.

"Then you'll find yourself as a patient, not a visitor."

Macho man muttered a few incoherent words under his breath as he dejectedly slumped in his chair.