Night Swimming

The next day I decided to surprise Sebastian with a meal after a long day. Work was picking up for him, which I was glad of, but also a little afraid of. I knew how much it meant to him to have a role he could explore, but I had also gotten used to having him around. I was spoiled, I knew. He'd had a few roles kicked his way, was in serious talks for at least one of them, and- this was the part that killed me- was going to be leaving the country for another in about a month.

I was going to have to adjust to the ups and downs of dating an increasingly popular actor, and I'd decided that that meant being solid and supportive. So- I'd start with having dinner waiting at home for him whenever possible. A simple thing, maybe, but I wanted to provide something he could count on. And who doesn't want to be able to count on a meal on the table? Even if I had, not so very long ago, informed him I was not the kind of woman to be waiting in an apron for him to come home. The irony wasn't lost on me.

He'd been incredibly appreciative and obviously enjoyed every mouthful. When I got up and started on the dishes, he practically chased me into the kitchen. "Let me do it," he said.

I shook my head and started scrubbing. "No, I made a mess in your kitchen, so I'll be the one to clean it up."

He slid his hands around my waist and pinned me to the counter with his hips. He reached forward and tried to pry the bowl I was washing from my hands. I laughed. "Are we going to have a 'Ghost' moment here with the dishes?"

He succeeded in pulling the bowl from my soapy grasp, and kissed my shoulder, then deftly moved me.to one side and started in with a sponge. "No, we're gonna have a 'Winnie cooked a damn fine meal, and now Sebastian is expressing his gratitude by doing the dishes' moment."

I screwed up my face as I dried my hands. "That's not as sexy."

"Aww, what?" He gestured at himself, soap suds dripping from his hands. "Look at all this, engaged in choreplay. It doesn't get you going?"

I whipped him with the towel I'd been using. "Domesticity suits you."

"Does it, now?" He made a grab for the towel and looped it behind my neck, using it to draw me to him. "There are lots of other domestic tasks I could take on right now. I have laundry to fold."

I let out an exaggerated moan.

He kissed me softly. "I never made my bed today."

I let my head roll back as his lips trailed down my neck. "Hospital corners are hot."

"The dog needs to be walked." He tossed the towel onto the counter and grabbed two handfuls of my ass.

I walked my fingers up his bicep. "I have no response to that. I can't make a connection between the dog and anything remotely sexy."

"So only certain chores are sexy?" He buried his face in my hair, and my scalp tingled as his breath warmed it.

"I don't know," I sighed. "Let's be horribly mundane for a week or so and see what turns me on." I raked my fingers over his scalp, trying to give him the same sensation he was giving me. He groaned and shivered slightly. I loved the way he responded to my touch, even if our words were completely ridiculous.

"Oh no, babe, we don't do mundane. In fact," he spun me around and pushed my hair to one side, kissing the back of my neck and nudging me towards the stairs. "I've done something terribly impulsive and unpredictable."

I tried to turn and look at him, but he made sure I kept walking, hands firm on my hips.

"Something I'm going to tell you all about just as soon as I've had my way with you."