Chapter 7

After that night, things were never the same.

Liam admitted to knowing all along and that he had planned to make Lou jealous enough to finally say something to me. That, of course, earned him a punch from Lou.

Zayn said he had seen it coming and that he was still happy for us.

Niall said that he hadn't really payed that much attention to us but then said he was disappointed that he didn't have a clubbing buddy anymore. Lou gave him the kind of eye that would burn through your soul if he really wanted it to and Niall laughed and said he was glad we finally got together.

Management, though, didn't take it too well.

Lou ended up still dating Eleanor and I had a couple beards too.

Of course I was jealous of her for spending all that time with him and he had the same feelings too.

We had our fair share of fights but we still managed to get through them.

One night, I had been scrolling through the Larry Side of Tumblr when I had seen this one shot. I decided that maybe it was time. We had been secretly dating for about 3 years.

So I decided in the heat of the moment when we were laying in our bed, watching whatever was on.

I turned to face him, "Louis"

"Harold."

"Lou, I'm serious."

"What do you need love?"

"I gotta be completely honest-"

"Shit's about to hit the fan here-"

"Shut up and let me get this off my chest."

"Okay Haz," he said leaning on his arm so that he could face me, "I'm listening."

I scratched the back of my head, "I don't really like your last name."

"Tomlinson?"

"Yeah."

"Well what's wrong with Tomlinson?"

"Dunno. I think it just needs a little Style in it, that's all."

He frowned and then laughed, "Wow. You are SUCH a jokester. So hilarious. So clever."

I stared at him.

"Wait."

And I did.

"Harold."

"Louis."

"Harry Edward Styles. You did not just propose to me."

I smiled, "I don't have a ring or anything but I was thinking that it's about time we tied the knot," I said as I traced his tattoo.

"Absolutely not."

I looked up in surprise, "What? Why not? Did I do something wrong? Is it too early for th-"

"I will not let you propose to me like that. I have been raised to expect a romantic dinner and a ring and a 'will you marry me?' speech. And I have received neither of those. So I will continue to say no until I have been given the proper movie moment Harold."

"So: romantic dinner, speech, ring?"

He nodded.

"Okay. Good. Got it. I gotta go plan your stupid proposal dinner," I said getting up.

"Oh you'll enjoy it. Don't think you won't."

I turned around smiling before I left, "I really will Lou."