On Her Own: Part 3

As they went into the building she asked him, "Why yah wore those sunglasses?"

He turned to her with a sly smile and said, "Why yah wore dem gloves?" She laughed at that. "See dare. We both have our secrets."

He led her up three flights of stairs and down a long hallway. He reached into one of his pockets and got out a key. It was gold and shined in the dark hallway. He opened the door and escorted her inside.

She looked around. The place wasn't very clean. She saw some empty pizza boxes, some foam food trays and a pile of dirty clothes. She looked at him with hint of disapproval. "Yah live here?"

"Remy ain't much for housekeepin'."

He hurried to remove some of the garbage and cleared a space on the couch for her to sit. He came to sit down next to her. "So, yah steal that motorcycle?"

"Non, he no do not'ing. Owe me one." He looked into her eyes, they were a deep rich green. He found himself getting lost in them. "Ah, swear, dos' be the prettiest eyes I eva see."

She smiled, shifting awkwardly. "What 'bout youh's? Can't really 'em see through those glasses."

He got up from the couch. "Yah won' like what yah see."

She got up, too. "How yah know if yah don't eva show 'em."

He turned around, looking at her through the dim light. "What kina girl are ya?"

She approached him and raised her hands to his face. She took a hold of the sunglasses. He instinctively grabbed her arm, but before he could stop her, she removed the glasses. She saw the red glow of his eyes. Thinking she would scream in terror he turned his face away. He had let go her arm, thinking he would hear her running down the hallway, but all was quiet. He turned back to see her still standing there, not shocked or flinching at his presence, just standing there looking at him with a smile on her face.

At that moment he leaned in and kissed her. She backed away a little. She saw the hurt look in his eyes. "Sorry, ah'm just not used tah touchin'."

He took her hand, "That alright, ain't used tah people seein' mah eyes."

"They're nice... like that kiss. It was nice, too."

This time she leaned in and kissed him long and hard. He pulled her tight towards him, getting a bit carried away. He ran his hands up and down her back and down to her bottom. His hands clutched tightly which caused her to pull away. Her breathing was heavy. She thought to herself, What ya think ya doin? Ya don't even know 'em.

"Ah should go," she said and headed for the door.

He raced to the door before she could reach it. "Please, stay. Remy don' get much company. I promise I behave myself."

She thought, Ah know ah should go, but ah really don't want tah. "Ah can't," she finally said.

"Non. It be alright. You take the bedroom. I sleep out here." She stayed silent, hesitating to leave. "Ahh, come on."

She smiled at him and said, "Alright...but just one night."

Remy led her away from the door and back to the couch. They talked for a while, until Remy noticed that Rogue was yawning. "Gettin' tired, chere."

"Maybe a little," she said. She rose from her seat and he followed suit. "Y'be needin' anyt'hing I be right out here."

"Nice t'know," she said just above a whisper. At that moment he bent down to kiss her. Her lips felt soft and wet against his. He leaned in further wanting more. She back up forcing him to stop. She was shaking a little.

He realized what he had done. He had scared her. "Sorry, chere, didn't mean tah...Y'jus' look so pretty, couldn't help myself."

She saw the hurt look in his eyes. "No, yah just surprised me. That's all. Ain't used tah..." her voice trailed off.

"Hey, somebody do somet'hing to y'?" he asked.

"No, not really. Ah'm usually the one doin' the hurtin'."

"Ole Remy don' be believin' dat. Girl as beautiful as you couldn't hurt nobody."

"Ah ain't beautiful," she said, almost in tears. "Why yah be saying ah am?"

"Cause ya are, anyone tell yah dat you're not be lying, or jus' plain ass stupid."

She laughed a little at his assessment. "Thanks," she said giving him a quick kiss. "Goodnight," she said walking over the bedroom.

She opened the door and walked in. She didn't look to see if he was watching, but she knew that he was. She closed the door behind her. Her heart was beating so fast, not even Bobby made her feel like this. It excited her and scared her at the same time. There really was no pressure when she was with Bobby. He couldn't touch her, and she couldn't touch him. But now things were different. Since receiving the cure she could touch. How she wished she could forget herself. How she wished he would just come charging into the room, and throw her down on that bed and do whatever he wanted. She wouldn't object, and that's what scared her.

She was glad to see the bedroom wasn't as messy as the living room, but not by much. At least there wasn't any empty pizza boxes laying around. She could hear him walking around from outside the door. She didn't dare open it to see what he was up to. She just let her imagination take hold. What are ya doin', girl. Ya don't even know him. Am ah turnin' inta some kinda whore just 'cause ah can touch?

She laughed to herself and went over to her bag to put on her night clothes. She didn't pack much, just a nightshirt. She had left all her nightgowns back at the school. What did she need them for? As she put it on she thought to herself, Ah wonder what he wears to bed. Oh, hush, girl, there ya go thinkin' dirty again. She laughed again. It was kinda exciting being here with a stranger, kinda dangerous, too. Logan would scold her if he knew she was being so reckless.

The sleep was really hitting her now. She decided it was best to crawl under the covers before she fell on the floor. The bed was comfortable enough. She could smell the sheets. There was an aroma of musk. She wondered if was his cologne. If it was she liked it. It was funny. The whole plane trip here all she could think of was Bobby. Not only how he humiliated her with Kitty, but how much she loved him, but did she? It seemed the only person on her mind tonight was Remy, and she didn't know why.

She fell into sleep easy unaware that Remy was right outside the door. He paced around the living room, desperately trying to clean up the mess. Place look like a landfill, he said to himself. De femme probably t'inks Remy a slob. Well, y'are one. He never cared what anyone thought before, why was she any different. Even from across the room he could still hear her breathing. Just the look of her excited him. Not only was she beautiful, but there was something behind those eyes, some kind of pain. And why was she so afraid to touch? It was more than him surprising her with that kiss, she freaked even at a handshake. He would find out what, but for now she slept, not that he would be doing much of that on this lumpy couch.