On Her Own: Part 4

The next morning Rogue woke up late. The smell of frying bacon was what finally woke her. She rose out of bed, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. She grabbed her bag the walked into the bathroom. She looked around. The bathroom was really bare. Just a few drops of shampoo were left. There was a tube of toothpaste, but it had been pretty much squeezed dry. Thankfully she had brought some. She turned on the shower, letting the water get hot. She looked over by the toilet and said, "Well, at least he has a towel." She picked it up and smelled it. It seemed okay. "A used towel's better than none," she said as she took off her clothes and stepped into the shower.

Remy was in the kitchen preparing breakfast when he heard the water running. "Ah, de femme be awake."

He waited patiently for her to emerge. It was twenty minutes before she came out, her hair still wet. A few beads of water still lay on her forehead. She walked into the living room and received a shock.

Remy approached her with a smile on his face, "Chere approve?"

"Yeah," she said, noticing he had cleaned everything up. "It looks nice." She smiled back at him.

"Are yah hungry? I made breakfast."

"Ya know, that's what woke me up," She took a whiff. "Mmm...smells good. Ah can't cook a lick."

"Never fear, cherie, Remy fill ya up."

She wondered what he truly meant by that. She couldn't help thinking how different this man was from Bobby. Yeah, Bobby, why was she thinking of him? He was the one who cheated on her. Maybe this guy would too, but she wasn't thinking of that. She was thinking how she wanted to get back at Bobby for humiliating her. And to think she was prepared to give herself to him. Since receiving the cure it was possible. Then she wondered if he had cheated on her long before. She wouldn't have blamed him then, after all he couldn't touch her then. She knew he and Kitty kissed once before. They were ice skating late at night on the grounds. She watched them from her bedroom window. It was then that she decided to take the cure. She wasn't going to lose him to Kitty. Now she could touch him without her hurting him. The cure had changed everything. They could finally be together the way they always wanted. Why now did he decide to ruin it?

Rogue walked into the kitchen where she found Remy had pulled out a chair for her. "Thank ya," she said. He was being so sweet to her. Maybe she would decide to get back at Bobby with this guy. Still, why did she care about Bobby? He obviously didn't care about her. Besides, she believed she really liked this guy, even had a dream about him the night before.

She sat down to a breakfast of bacon and eggs. She took a bit. She jerked a little.

"Somet'ing wrong, chere?"

"No, just a bit spicy," she said. The smile he'd been wearing had disappeared. "Oh, no, don't worry, ah like it spicy." She laughed a little. "Haven't eaten like this in a while. Been livin' up North too long, ah guess."

"So, ya like Cajun style?"

"Very much," she said. She sounded nervous again. Why was he making her nervous? He seemed nice enough, though a bit of a flirt. "Ya always make breakfast for strange women?"

"Only de beautiful ones." His statement made her blush. This he noticed right off, but he didn't say anything. She could feel him staring at her as she was eating. The feeling gave her goose bumps all over. Why am ah so nervous? He seems nice enough.

"Ah guess ah betta be goin' soon," she said. "Ah don't wanna impose on ya more than ah already have."

"Ya haven't, chere. Remy like havin' ya around."

"Really?"

He nodded and took another bite of his breakfast. "Remy could show ya round. Would ya like that?"