Road Trip: Part 11

"Oh, god, Remy you're so good. Yes, yes, yes!" Rogue yelled in climax.

Suddenly Remy's body started to fade away into dust.

"Nooo!" she screamed.

"Rogue, wake up!" She heard a voice say. Rogue opened her eyes to see Remy hovering over her. "Ya had a nightmare,"

She noticed his hand was touching hers. "No!" she shouted and bolted out of the car and away from him. She walked several feet only to have Remy follow her. He put his hand on her shoulders. "No!" she screamed, prying herself away from him. "Ya can't touch me. It's too dangerous. Ah'm too dangerous." She fell to the ground sobbing.

"Chere, it be jus' a nightmare. It not be real." He touched her face. Nothing happened. She hadn't absorbed him. She powers were gone. The cure took care of that. Right?

"It was so real," she cried. "Ah's so afraid that..."

"Ain't no reason t'be afraid," he said. He held her tight never wanting to let her go. "Remy neva let not'ing happen to ya."

This time she let him hold her. She felt so safe in his arms. She wanted to stay there forever, but those fears were still there. What if her powers did come back? She put that thought to the back of her mind. All that mattered was right here and right now.

Once back in the car, Rogue asked, "Where should we go now?"

"Don' know, but if I be knowin' Bell and Julien. Dey catch up to us sooner or later."

"Ah prefer it to be never." Rogue cracked a smile while looking at the signs on the highway. "Hey, look, we're in Virginia now. Haven't been there since ah was a kid."

"Don't believe Remy eva been dere."

"Don't worry, sugah, a'll show ya the sights."

She leaned up against him seeing that devilish look in his eyes. It made her laugh. She was content once again.

________________________________________

"Hey, Carol," Bell said. "Where are we?"

"Just entering Virginia. It's so beautiful."

"Yeah, I guess," Bell said, not really interested in the sights. "Got a strong feeling dey're here."

"Really? How do you know?"

"Jus' know is all. I kin track dat no account swamp rat t' de end a de earth in back. He know I always find 'im."

"Are you sure this is just about a car?"

Bell said nothing. She didn't want this girl knowing too much about her plans. Suddenly the car stopped. "Oh, no," Carol said.

"What happened?" Bell asked.

Carol got out to see what the problem was. "We got a flat tire. Must of hit a nail or something."

"Ohh, great," Bell grumbled.

"Don't worry. I've got a spare." Carol opened the trunk of her car and dragged out the spare tire. "Oh, no."

"What now?" Bell said.

"I don't have my jack."

"Den how we gonna change it."

"There's a way, but promise you won't freak out." Bell nodded. "You see I'm not exactly what you would call normal." Bell was confused. Carol decided just to show her. She lifted the car with ease.

Bell's mouth dropped open. "You're a mutant, aren't ya?"

"Yeah," she said, setting the car down. "I never told anyone before. Are you freaked?"

"No," she said. "My ex is one, a bad one. You could help me?"

"I'd be glad to, if he's as bad as you say."

"He is. He's a known t'ief where we come from, but can't nobody get 'im. He's dat good... but you could. Wit that power a yours it shouldn't be a problem."

"But how do we find him?"

"Leave dat t'me. He ain't too far ahead a us. Come on, let's change dis here tire."

Carol rolled the car into the trees where it would be out of sight of anybody driving by. Carol gave Bell instructions of what to do, since Bell had never changed a tire before. It took a good half hour, but they finally got the tire changed.

"There," Carol said. "That was easy."

"Speak for yourself. We better get goin'."