The Choice: Part 3

Warning!!! A bit of a naughty scene is this part.

Remy stayed in the Med Bay all day and most of the night, until Adrienne convinced him to get a bite to eat. It was about five a.m. the next morning that she finally began to stir. Adrienne remained by her bedside as Rogue opened her eyes.

She saw the young woman with a long auburn hair looking down at her. Rogue was confused and agitated. "Where am ah?" she asked, trying to rise out of bed.

"Take it easy," Adrienne said. "You've had a rough couple day."

"Where's Remy?" she asked, becoming more agitated.

"Rogue, calm down. You're at the Institute in Westchester. Don't you remember? Logan and Remy brought you here."

"Ah wanna see Remy. Where is he?"

"He'll be back soon. Logan's here, too. Do you want me to call him?" Adrienne asked.

"Alright," Rogue said, relaxing a little. She still felt so weak, but oddly she didn't feel the pull of Carol, at least not as much as she did before.

Adrienne rose from Rogue's bedside and walked over to the comlink on the wall. "Hey, Logan, it's Adrienne. Rogue's awake, and she's asking for you."

"Be right there," he said through the speaker. Rogue heard his voice and realized how much she really missed him.

Within minutes Rogue saw his familiar form come through the door. He smiled at her when he could see that she was awake and alert.

Adrienne smiled and said, "I'll leave the two of you alone." She walked out the door of the Med Bay, not that Rogue noticed, because she was too focused on Logan.

"Hey, kid, how ya feelin'?"

"Tired," Rogue said, her voice quiet. "Ah woke up and didn't know where ah was. How'd ah get here?"

"Me and that Cajun brought ya here," he said, he face looking disgusted at the thought of Remy. "We need to have a talk about your taste in men."

"Yea, alright," Rogue said with a little laugh. "We can start with you."

He couldn't argue that. "So tell me. He treat you right."

"Logan!" she said, shocked. "He was a prefect gentlemen." She face wore an odd smile, thinking about all the things she and Remy went through, and all the little ways he showed he cared. "Got somethin' ta tell ya."

"What's that, Darlin'?"

"Yah don't have t'worry 'bout Remy. He's a good man, an'... umm... I love 'im."

"And what about Bobby?" Logan asked.

"Ah don't know. Ah mean, ah care 'bout 'im, but not like Remy. Ah can't explain it. From the moment ah met 'im there was somethin'. But promise me one thing."

"What's that?" Logan asked.

"Don't kill 'im," she said, a gleam in her eye. Logan was shocked that she would say something like that to him, but if she only knew how bad he roughed up Bobby after she left. He would have snapped the kid into if Storm hadn't stopped him.

Rogue looked like she was going to doze off again. "Hey, kid, I'll let ya get some sleep. I'll be back later."

"Okay, but the promise?"

"Alright, I promise I won't kill him, but if he does something..."

"Okay, okay, but yah don't have to worry."