Seven

Dom set his jaw and gritted his teeth to stop from smiling stupidly at her, she looked wonderful in a red sundress that filed out every curve of her body, white flats and white earnings to go with it.

"Is there something on my face?"

she asked, suddenly self conscious.

"nothing."

she was still uncomfortable with the hard look.

"shall we?"

he said and took her hand in his.

"sure."

she looked unsure as she took his hand and let him pull her along.

why was she even doing this? was it because she had nothing to do and all her fellow gossipers had forsaken her or it was because she was avoiding Ryan?

she felt bad for using Dom but she had no other option.

"where are you taking me?"

she asked, frowning at him.

"it's a surprise."

he gave her a cheeky grin and urged her to the elevator.

Dom pulled up in front of a café and unlocked the doors.

"let's have breakfast first."

she nodded, opened the door and stepped out quickly before he got to her own side.

he smiled a knowing smile, she was avoiding what she called 'moments'.

He took her hand, tightening his grip as she tried to wiggle free.

she shot him a cold glare, he answered with a smile that pissed her off. he led her to an empty table and pulled out a chair for her.

"thanks."

she breathed out.

he sat down in the chair next to hers and picked up all the menu cards on the table.

"I'll order for us."

without waiting for affirmation from her, he waved the waiter over.

Allie finished her potatoes and picked up her water glass. she stopped drinking when she noticed his frown.

"what did I do now?"

he leaned forward, pointed at her chicken and arched one brow.

"I er... I don't feel like it."

He didn't have to know that she was punishing herself for being away from James.

"Al, you shouldn't kill yourself because you're not with James. the loneliness is enough punishment."

he said firmly.

"you're used to being away from Drake, you could say that."

she said, avoiding the eye contact he was offering.

"it was the same for me when I had to  leave Drake for the first time."

he wanted to pull her close, have her cradle her head in his shoulder and tell her to just ease off and let go.

instead, when she didn't say anything, he continued.

"I didn't eat anything on my three day trip, I wasn't hungry, but hunger came the instant I went back home then I fell ill."

without realizing it, he pulled her to him.

he felt her trying to pull out nicely but he held her in place.