Eighteen

UNEDITED

She was different, a good kind of different though. She was brighter and cheerier than before, light had returned to her eyes and color to her cheeks. Dom observed.

He was glad for the change in her but he was also worried about who was behind it. Allie was his and something at the back of his mind told him to lay claim on her before someone else does.

The Allie he knew would never keep two partners but what about now? five years was a long time, long enough for someone to change.

He pushed himself off his seat and walked out of his over emphasized office.

"Gretchen, clear my schedule for the rest of today."

He told his secretary, not sparing her a glance.

"You're leaving early sir."

Ryan stated as Dom walked through his office.

It took all his manly power to stop Dom from rolling his eyes.
That's the effect of spending time with Allie.

"Yes, I have personal business to attend to."

He answered and walked out to avoid further questioning.

Only Allie and Ryan and Liam, apart from his family could question him and get away with it.

He took the elevator to the ground floor and made his way quickly to the parking lot.

His frown deepened at the thought of Allie with someone else, it hurt to think about it.

He wanted her in his life. No. He needed her in his life. Loving her was easy, it required no effort just like breathing.

As Dom stepped on the top floor of his friend's firm.

He smiled at the top floor receptionist who motioned for him to go in.

He stepped into Allies office. She was busy on the phone and it sounded important, her eyes shined when she saw him.

He walked around her desk to stand behind her. Allie smacked stomach when he leant in and kissed behind her ear.

She glared up at him and went back to jotting down on her little notepad.

He hooked his finger in her hair band and pulled it away, freeing her hair.

She elbowed his stomach in response.

"Completely Sir, yes. Thank you. We'll get back to you soon."

She said, still glaring at him. He grinned innocently at her.

"Okay. That would be nice."

She finally said and put down the receiver.

"Dominic, what is wrong with you!?"

She half yelled, half whispered.

"Do you know how many hours I spent taming my hair?"

He smiled and turned her chair around to face him.

"Is that how to to say hi to a boyfriend you haven't seen for more than twenty-four hours?"

He asked, feigning hurt.

"Is that how to show love to the girlfriend you've been dying to see?"

She countered, frowning up at him.

Smiling, he used his thumb to rub her eyebrows.

"Allie shouldn't frown when Dom is around."

He said, shaking his head.