Fourteen

Allie sat quietly, watching Molly's car drive away with her little boy.

he'd finished exams the previous day, much to her dismay, Molly appeared on her doorstep to get James this morning.

The last time she saw Drake was that day she waited for someone to come get him, that was Monday afternoon.

since then, he always coming to school earlier and leaving before she could get the chance to see him, she always found her baby alone anytime she went to get him from school.

she got up and went inside the house, it was time to get that much needed sleep she'd been lacking since she returned from Brazil.

As she stumbled into bed, she promised herself a long stroll around town tomorrow evening. James was excited to leave home but it'll only take him a few days to start missing her.

She was missing her little prince already.

A day before yesterday, he whispered something to himself that took her aback. he'd thought she wasn't listening and said he whished he had a dad like Drake, to teach him how to drive cars and fix cars.

Allie had pretended not to hear him and carried on with pushing the vacuum cleaner around the house.

The doorbell rang, startling her.

she pushed herself off the bed and hurried to the front door.

peeking through the peep hole of the door, she saw Ryan.

what does he want?

she opened the door to see Drake standing beside Ryan and smiling at her.

"hi Allie."

he said cheerfully, waving his small hand.

"hey sweetie how's it going?"

she asked, completely ignoring Ryan.

Drake smiled at her.

"where's Jimmy?"

Drake asked, trying to look behind her.

"Daddy got us cameras, I came to give one to him."

He added, extending a small black purse to her.

"sorry sweetheart, James went to spend spring break with his aunt."

She didn't really want anything from Dom or anyone who knew him.

"will you keep it for him please?"

she sighed, she wouldn't do this to James, it was his father after all.

she took it from him and smiled.

"thank you sweet. do you wanna come in?"

he shook his head no.

"Ryan's taking me to Aunt Lexie's place."

she squat in front of him and opened her arms, smiling.

he smiled back and stepped in, hugging back.

"okay, be good."

she said and pulled back.

he kissed her cheek.

"Boss wait for me in the car."

Ryan said and waited for him to get out of earshot.

"hello to you too."

He said sarcastically.

"what do you want?"

she asked coldly, frowning at him.