Twenty One

"mom! you're in my room!"

Allie heard from somewhere far away from her bed.

Wait, this wasn't her bed.

She opened one eye first. she was in James's room, yes she remembered, at one point last night her room felt too big and she was having difficulties in sleeping so she came to James's room.

"go away! am sleeping!"

She groaned playfully.

Her lips broke into a smile as she heard him giggle.

"Good morning Mr Wonderful dream man."

she beamed at him.

He blushed furiously.

"Good morning mommy."

He said quietly.

He knelt beside her on the bed.

She sat up.

"I wanna take my baby somewhere today."

she said, ruffling his hair.

"really, where?"

Allie shook her head and smiled.

"just take a shower and meet met me in the kitchen for breakfast."

She started to get out of his bed.

"what should I wear?"

James asked her.

"Shorts and a cool T-shirt."

she said and walked out of his room.

James had asked her to bring JP to his diner today, which was his birthday, saying he had a surprise for him.

You have to tell James about his father.

She felt the invisible weight on her shoulders intensify. Throughout the rest of yesterday, she was on edge, waiting for Dom's lawyer to show up at her doorstep.

She knew he could make that happen, she knew fully what Dom was capable of doing.

Deciding to make their breakfast light, she pulled out the eggs and started making pancakes.

Different thoughts swam through her head. She couldn't loose James and she couldn't dare to leave the country it would provoke Dom and he would hunt her down before she knows it.

She shut her eyes briefly and took a deep breath. She'd tell James about his father but not today. That would be ruining his birthday.

She bit her lip to stop herself from laughing as James appeared. He picked his clothes well but his buttons were not properly done and his belt hung in a funny way.

"Here, let's see."

She knelt  in front of him, undid his buttons and did it properly for him.

"Thanks mom."

He said shyly.,

Allie kissed his nose.

"Anytime baby."

She was glad James didn't remember it was his birthday today, she'd have had an ear full of ,,wishes this morning.

"I'll take my bath and get ready while you eat okay."

He nodded and skipped to the the island.

#

Allie sighed and pulled up in front of Dom's house. She just had to give into James's pleas to take Drake along wherever they were going.