Thirteen

Allie looked around and sighed, it was getting late and no one was here for Drake.

She hadn't seen Dom since. It's been one week, three days, Sixteen hours and...

she pushed herself upright and got into the car.

"we're all hungry and and very tired right?"

she spoke to the boys. starting the car.

they both nod their heads.

"let's go get us something to eat huh?"

She turned to look at them, all tired and sleepy.

"buckle up guys."

they obeyed immediately.

she drove out of the school yard.

she watched them through the rear view mirror.

They were like twins and she knew there would be trouble when someone finds out.

"are we all having ribs?"

she asked, pulling up in front of the nearest cafeteria.

"yeah"

they said in unison.

unlocking the doors, she stepped off.

"come on boys!"

she said and waited for them to scramble off the car.

She tried not to think about anything but James and work, anytime she let hr mind go, it always wandered off to Dom.

she whished she could hate him more than she already does.

she paid for their food and stood up.

"come on boys"

she said, starting for the exit, looking over her shoulder to make sure they were following her, she held the door open for them to go out before her.

"Ryan!"

Drake shouted, running towards his blue Audi.

"here's my big boss!"

Ryan picked him up, and twirled around.

Allie took James hand and led him to where Ryan and Drake were.

"hi Allie."

Ryan said, putting Drake down.

Allie gave him a polite nod.

she went to her car and took Drake's lunch pack and school bag.

"here."

she she handed them to Drake and roughed his hair.

"come on baby, get into the car."

she told James, who was trying to take something from Drake's hand.

"James!"

she shouted when he didn't obey.

he stopped immediately and hurried to the car.

"bye Drake, Ryan."

she said and turned and started for her car.

"bye Allie!"

Drake said behind her, she waved and got inside.

"strap up."

she instructed, starting the car.

She watched him through the rearview mirror, was it her mood that was affecting James?

"Baby am sorry."

she said softly, slowing down.

"okay."

without another word, she kept on driving. she needed a break, she had to cheer up for James.

she'd gotten over him already, then why was she feeling like this? her heart was hurting and everyday, she felt weaker than the last.

good thing is, since the day she they returned from Brazil, she was yet to see him.

but it didn't matter much, to be honest with herself, she'd expected him to hang around for a while.

but he didn't. that's what one gets for expecting anything from anybody.

"Jimmy, how about you spending two weeks with Aunt Molly and Tyler?"

that did it. he raised his head and widened his eyes.

"really!?"

he screamed in disbelief.

Allie smiled, she knew how to cheer him up.

"next week when you're done with exams, eh."

she raised her brows at him through the mirror.

"sure"

he said smiling brightly.

"mommy, why did my daddy leave us?"

James asked, stopping her as she made to leave his room.

throughout the time she coached him, fed him and got him ready for bed, she knew he he wanted to ask her something.

he'd open his mouth and close it.

she walked back to and sat beside him on his bed.

"baby, your daddy said he didn't love mommy anymore and he didn't want to be with mommy, that was why he left."

He sighed and nod his head.

"okay."

he said softly, pulling the comforter up to his neck.

"night baby."

she said and strode out of his room.,

she was was taken by surprise, was that what was going on in his mind all this while? she chuckled and closed the door to her room.

her Hapiness depends on his.

she peeled off her clothes and walked to the bathroom.

she stopped in front her roof-to-floor mirror.

she starred at herself, frowning deeply. something was off about her, she couldn't fathom it.

was it still him, his touch?

no, she shook her head and walked away from the mirror.

Every night since she returned from Brazil, he haunted her dreams, either telling her the same thing he told her on the plane or making love to her, it'd feel so real that in the morning, she wake up, aching with need.

tears pooled her eyes, she hated her body, she hated herself for longing for him.

she sighed and sunk deeper into the tub.

her eyes clamped shut, she was tired, physically and mentally she needed a break, a very long break.

she hated him for hurting her like this, but her body longed for him, for his touch, when he touched her, he awoke cells that she'd confirmed dead.

Allie had only gotten into bed when she heard noise coming from James's room.

she crept out of her room slowly out of bed and walked slowly and quietly to his room. she peeked through the crack of the door and saw him tossing and turning she looked around and found him alone.

she walked into his room and sat beside him on the bed.

"baby."

she tapped him gently. he mumbled something in his sleep and relaxed. getting up, she kissed his eyelids and left his room.

she had to sleep somehow.

she was actually afraid of sleeping, she was afraid that Dom would come back with his devilish handsomeness and taunt body and make her ache for him again.