17: A Little Crush

You were the best friend of a boy named Nico di Angelo. You had quite a crush on him, might I add. He always managed to give you that same feeling you get when the pizza guy comes.

Maybe it the way the skin by his eyes would crinkle when he laughs. Or how he was never afraid to protect people he cared about. Or maybe it was the way he would look deep into your eyes whenever you spoke to him. Whatever it was, Nico always made it into your thoughts throughout the day.

He occasionally noticed the faint blush on your face whenever he was around.

He liked to tease you about that. Nico would sometimes even put his arm around you or hold your hand just to see if you'd crack.

And pretty much everyone knows that a guy loves teasing the girl he likes.

Nico was able to hide his feelings about you whenever you were around. But to anyone who paid close attention could see that he was truly, madly, deeply in love with you. The silent glances, the warm smiles he'd flash when you were not looking, and the little blush he'd have whenever you two touched. It was all so obvious, but at the same time so ambiguous.

It was a normal day at Camp Half-Blood. And there you were, sitting in the commons area of the cabins, watching as the Demeter and Apollo kids played basketball.

Nico, appearing out of nowhere, slid next to you on the bench overlooking the basketball court. "Hey, (Y/n)," he grinned.

You smiled, "Hi, Nico."

"Guess what!" He exclaimed.

You laughed at his excitement, "What?"

"(Favorite band) just released their music video for their new single a few minutes ago, and I wanted to watch it with you," he said.

"Really?" You squealed, "But they didn't even announce it!"

"I know! That's why I'm squealing!" He squealed.

He quickly pulled up the video on his demigod-safe phone and you both watched it together, taking a seat in the grass. You leaned onto each other a bit in order to see.

"(Y/n) and Nico sittin' in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" Leo sang.

"Leo!" Nico snapped.

"What? Dude, come on. You know you love her," He stated.

Your ears perked up at this. "Wait, what?"

Nico glared at Leo before turning to you. He was about to say something, but Leo cut him off. "He never shuts up about you," Leo said.

"Gods, do you ever stop talking?" Nico said to Leo, exasperated.

"You like me? But why didn't you say anything? I'm like ninety-nine percent sure that you knew I had a crush on you. That other one percent of uncertainty was pretty much just wishful thinking," you said.

Nico scratched the back of his neck awkwardly and sat back down next to you. "Yeah, well I never really knew how to show my feelings for you. I'm not really sure how the dating thing works."

"Aw, muffin," you cooed.

"Oh shut up."

You pecked him on the cheek. His face turned red. "Y-You just-" he stuttered.

You shrugged. "Confidence boost."

"Well!" Leo clapped his hands together, "My work here is done. See you guys at the wedding."

You rolled your eyes. "Bye Leo." He walked off.

"So," you said, "you had a crush on me this entire time," you smirked.

"Sorry, (Y/n), I can't hear you over the sound of your ego."

"Okay I deserve that."
__________________________

Heyheyhey (Y/n) 😋

So I didn't update on time this week...you can kill me now if you want. Wait! Put down the knife! I was kidding!

Anyway, hope you liked it 😜

Make sure to vote and comment and all that cool stuff.

-latersatyr