22: Alabaster

"This is stupid, Nico," Alabaster said.

"No it's not, you're just saying that 'cause you're scared that your fingers might get stuck," Nico laughed.

"N-no, I'm just saying that it's stupid."

Nico dared Alabaster, son of Hecate to use one of those Chinese Finger Traps that some people get stuck in.

"Well? Are you gonna do it or not?" Nico asked impatiently.

"Fine."

Alabaster hesitantly put both his fingers in the two ends of the trap.

"See, I told you this is-"

He tugged, but his fingers wouldn't come out.

"Uhhh, this was a bad idea," Alabaster said, mostly to himself.

He pulled some more, but no success. "Nico! How do I get out of this?"

He shrugged.

"Nico!"

"Okay, um, I think you cut it. But I left my sword in my cabin, so I can't cut you out of it right now."

"Are you kidding me!? I have to meet with (Y/n) to work on our chariot in a few minutes for the chariot race coming up!" Alabaster shouted.

"Well you're gonna have to ask someone else to cut you out."

"I swear if I could punch you right now..." Alabaster growled.

"If you did, you'd be dead. Anyway, I gotta go meet with Will. Bye, Al."

"Wait but who's gonna cut me out?" Alabaster called out to Nico.

"I guess you're gonna have to ask (Y/n)."

"Dude! No way. Too embarrassing."

"Why, because you like her?" Nico asked with an eyebrow wiggle.

"W-who told you that?" He stuttered.

"Your mum," Nico said, walking away.

Alabaster groaned. He looked down at his watch. "Holy Hephaestus, I'm gonna be late for (Y/n)."

Alabaster ran into the forest, towards Zeus' Fist, where he was supposed to work on the chariot with you.

~~~~~

While in the camp forest, he passed by Frank Zhang. "Frank! So glad to see you, man. Mind cutting me out of these?"

Frank glanced down at Alabaster's hands.

"Chinese handcuffs? Been there, done that," Frank said, shaking his head and walking away.

Alabaster mentally facepalmed. "The world hates me."

~At Zeus' Fist~

Alabaster sighed as he saw you waiting for him by the creek. He kept his hands hidden underneath his jacket sleeves.

"Hey, (Y/n)," he greeted.

"Sup, Al."

You glanced at his jacket sleeves. "Why are you keeping your hands like that?"

"Uh, no reason. Why? You got a problem? Huh? Huh? You wanna fight me? Fight me."

You lifted up your hands in surrender. "Woah there, John Cena. Anyway, are you okay? You're weirder than usual."

"I'm perfectly fine."

"Al, just tell me. Maybe I can help," you suggested.

He sighed. "I kinda sorta got my fingers stuck in these Chinese handcuffs..."

You raised an eyebrow and stood up.

"Hold out your arms," you said.

He did as you told, expecting you to cut him out using the weapon hanging from your belt.

You grinned mischievously.

Before he could ask you what you were doing, you went underneath his arms and popped up.

His arms were around you now.

You giggled as Alabaster blushed. You hugged him, burying your face in his neck.

"A girl has never been this close to me before...I feel tingly," Alabaster whispered.

You laughed some more. "I guess my plan worked after all."

"What- this was your idea?" Alabaster asked, dumbfounded.

"Yup, I asked Nico to dare you to use the Chinese handcuffs," you said.

"Just so you could hug me?" Alabaster asked.

"So that you couldn't pull away. But I can stop if you really want me to." You shrugged.

"No! I mean...no, I like you in my arms," he said quietly.

You grinned cheekily, then kissed him on the nose.

His blocky glasses fell slightly, so you pushed them up for him.

He blushed yet again and cleared his throat.

"So, uh, do you think you can free me now?" Alabaster asked.

"Oh yeah, sorry, got a little carried away there," you said.

You turned in his arms and cut the Chinese handcuffs with the sharp part of your (arrow/sword/dagger).

You expected him to pretend like nothing happened and start working on the chariot, but he didn't.

He picked a flower from the ground and got on one knee, bowing his head.

"M'lady," he said, offering the flower to you.

"Why thank you," you curtsied, "Such a gentleman."

He stood up, putting his forehead against yours. "Correction, your gentleman, now."