Five

His room was at the crown of the loft. French doors opened up to a space that was also wrapped in glass and grounded by a minimal amount of furniture. There wasn't much more than the biggest bed I'd ever seen covered in a mass of cloud-looking white softness. It looked like it was ripped straight from a luxury hotel suite. Or heaven. A bed that gods and angels slept in.

But we were there to sin. There would be no amens or hallelujahs inside those four walls.

He took me by the hand, pulled me inside and hit a switch on the wall that made the near-black room fill with dim light. While I glanced around he pulled both doors shut. The soft clicking sound made my heart skip a beat.

"Liam, I-"

My words got lost in the gust of breath that was stolen from my diaphragm when he grabbed me and slung me to the wall adjacent to my shoulder. I wanted to scream from the shock, then I wanted to laugh because of how taken aback I was. But all I could do was press my palms behind me into the wall for stability and because I didn't know what else to do with them.

"I love that sound."

"What sound?"

I didn't recognize my voice. It was like I croaked instead of spoke.

"You're breathing fast," he whispered. "You're excited."

I couldn't deny that. All I could do was think how that was it. After that night I would finally be a true woman. It was the end of my running. And smile. I smiled the most honest smile I'd smiled in years. Liam bit his lip, touched the side of my face, smiled back, smug.

Pinning me to the wall with his hips, Liam unclasped my push-up bra and pulled the straps down my arms, then slipped the whole thing from under my shirt. I didn't have the chance to worry about my insecurity. I laughed as he took in my tiny natural breasts with his gaze. He grinned and dove mouth-first, found one of my nipples through the thin cotton of my t-shirt. At first I thought him feeding on me through my top was funny. It made no sense to me. He looked like a starved savage. But then I felt the wetness of his saliva seeping through the fabric, the heat of his tongue, the friction. I went quiet. I couldn't shut my mouth. He filled his palm with one of them, took the other with his mouth. It was quickly intense for me, my eyes swelling with tears, ribs arching into his throat. I didn't understand where the emotion was coming from. It made me want to tell him to stop. I needed a chance to catch my breath. Didn't want to break down in front of him. Was overwhelmed. Liam broke my train of thought when he caught my eyes. He stared at me, his hands curling into a grip before pulling my top up my stomach. He exposed my naked breasts to the cool air conditioning and groaned. I lifted my arms so he could pull it off and get back to whatever he was doing as quickly as possible. But after tossing my top to the carpet he stepped back and lifted his own shirt in one clean motion. I eyed his ruddy nipples, the short hairs lightly covering his chest, the ripples going down his stomach. I swallowed and writhed against the wall wanting to touch him but too afraid to move a muscle.

Liam noticed my reaction and grinned with one side of his mouth. He took the Trojans I was carrying out of my hand and tossed them to the bed. He held the back of my hand with his palm and moved it up and down his torso. Hard man under soft skin. When he moved my hand lower, I could feel it shake. He chuckled and gently covered his crotch with my palm, meeting my eyes when I started to pull it from his grasp.

"Don't be afraid." His voice was velvet. "Feel me."

I did as he said. I relinquished that nervous, shaky feeling you get when you pet a new, strange animal at the petting zoo and felt him. His erection was different than I'd expected. Harder. Way harder. And warm. I could feel the heat through his pants as he moved my palm down and up. It was like that part of him was sick with a raging temperature.

I didn't know what I was doing. But I pretended I did. I followed his lead as we got rid of the rest of each other's clothes. When he touched me in a new place I touched him in a new one. When he groaned I made a soft sound too. When he bit his lip I bit mine. When he gave me a smile I smiled back. One moment we were smiling together, touching each other. I barely knew him. He hadn't even scratched the surface at knowing me. But there in that capsule of time we were totally connected. It was like we were suddenly the only ones existent on the planet. For the first time in a long I'd felt like I wasn't alone anymore.

I'll always remember those last couple of seconds. They were the ones that changed the course of my life, the last of a tainted innocence.

After that came my first sip.

Liam dropped his pants, then pulled down his underwear. I was too busy checking out his erection when he hooked both thumbs in the sides of my panties. I lost my breath when he yanked me around, couldn't do anything about him walking me backwards, crowding me until he could push me down to his king size bed. Adrenalin. He didn't pull the down comforter back. That excited me even more. He mounted my petite body as my spine met the oversized blanket. I trembled as his shadow covered my almost-nakedness, held my breath as he started tugging on my panties. He was rough. I lifted my butt and watched his face as he took in my full nudity, tossing them towards a corner of the spacious room. He was quiet, his expression intense and unreadable. I cringed and wished the lights were dimmer, or completely off. Until he grinned and parted my knees, moved his face between my legs. His warm breath grazed my inner thigh, tickled me, made me squirm away from him.

Liam chuckled at my reaction and held me in place with a firm grip on my hipbones. Before his lips touched my skin I felt his hot tongue taste my saltiness. I reached up and hugged the pillow I was laying on, needed something to hold to brace myself. He had my back arching, ribs lifting to the heaven, leg jerking.

I didn't understand what was happening to me, what was happening between us. He made love to that sensitive part of my leg like it was his job to, his duty. Like I was his wife instead of that woman somewhere in Boston. The woman I was temporarily replacing. He had this sincere thing about the way he touched me, kissed me, tasted me.

It was in his eyes too when he looked up at me and groaned. "I need you."

It almost felt like he loved me.

But he'd told me that he loved her and he barely even knew me. There were all kinds of strange feelings I felt, powerful, abrupt feelings that held me hostage as he got to his knees and took my hips in one hand, his erection in the other.

I didn't understand his duplicity. It rocked my mind how he could look down at me the way he was, a faint grin from his lips to his eyes, eyes that held a blue so pure, so rich they seemed like they could only belong to a domesticated feline, all while his wife was hundreds of miles away yet still in that very room because of the vows he'd exchanged with her, whoever she was. It was like he was two men at once. One married, one free. He wasn't pretending. I could tell by the way he breathed fast and by the arrogance he held in his hand that he meant what he'd just said. He needed me. It was as real for him as it was for me. But on that same hand that was eager to put us together was that shiny gold ring glistening in the dimness.

I pressed a hand to Liam's firm chest, felt his heart racing beneath my fingers. "Wait."

___________________________________

Thanks for reading!

Are you IN yet? Don't forget to sign up for my mailing list (huge kisses in advance!) to receive updates of my story + other exclusives (like giveaways + my "Behind the Cover" story) straight to your inbox! All you do is go here >> http://bit.ly/JoinABAMailingList

j'adore
xx

If you liked this, make sure to vote (by clicking the star at the bottom)! And scroll down for more :)