Eleven

The thunderstorm couldn't compete with the sound of my heart hammering against my chest. I could hear the reverberations louder than the violent sounds nature was making.

That time I was completely conscious of what I was doing. I didn't know how the sex would turn out, if it would be as ephemeral as it had been the previous night we shared or if it would allow me to relinquish the dark phantoms from my past. But I knew I'd better be smart and be his paramour for the night. Even if that meant being paid to lay under him in agony for three minutes again.

No one in this world was there to rescue me. I had to save myself.

Inside his bedroom, he waited not a beat before pushing me down to the nearest edge of the bed. A small gasp came out my mouth as my lips parted to protest being manhandled like that. The lust had been bubbling up the entire cruise to his mansion in the sky. But instinct had me ready to defend myself. Liam smirked then took off his watch and pulled out of his hoody. He stepped out of his boots, pulled off his socks, then blanketed my body with his shadow. He hadn't dimmed the light as much as he had the last time. I could see more of him. He could see more of me.

"Don't go shy on me, Kassandra."

I guess I'd shown it on my face.

Liam reached out and cupped my face in his hand, stroked my cheek with his thumb. It was tender and sweet and patient. It made me burn and shiver at the same time. I felt like his when he looked me in the eyes.

I smiled, didn't know what to say. He bit his lip and smiled back.

The rain was coming down in thick sheets. I could barely hear it pouring through the windows, but could see what looked like a monsoon through my periphery. The sky was going absolutely mad. So was I. I pretended to be calm, but I knew Liam noticed the way my leg jerked when he tugged on the hem of my t-shirt. When I met his eyes he whispered for me to take it off. As if under a spell, I lifted out of my top and struggled with what to do with it. Did I fold it neatly? Did I throw it to a corner of the room?

Liam chuckled and eased the cotton from my fingers. I caught a strike of lightening shine through the sky, was mesmerized for a second. When I blinked back into the moment my shirt was nowhere in sight. Liam had made it disappear. His fingers were behind my back, working to unhook my bra as he sat down on the bed next to me. His hand was warm on my skin, his strong thigh hard against mine. I held my breath, but his fingers stopped.

"Whoa." He let go of where my bra clasped, grabbed a handful of my hair and lifted it off my skin. "You got a tattoo."

"Yeah."

"How come I didn't notice this last weekend?"

"I didn't have it last weekend. I got it with the change leftover from the cab."

"Did it hurt?"

I nodded. "But some pain is worth going though."
Liam gave me a subtle smirk. I was glad he didn't ask more about my tattoo, like what the script read. I'd gotten it in French.

He went back to the strap of my bra, disconnected it, dropped it to the sheets. Then he took apart the fly to my jeans. I lifted my butt so he could get them over my hips, pointed my toes as he pulled them down my legs. I slipped my feet out of my sandals and kicked out of them. He eased two hands on my shoulders, rubbed them and grazed my rain-damp hair with his mouth.

"I love the way your hair smells."

"It's just...cheap drugstore...conditioner."

"You like that, huh?" His lips dragged down until they swept my skin. "You're getting breathless."