Six

"What's wrong?" Liam whispered, those blue eyes filled with concern, not impatience. "You nervous?"
His heart was pounding against my fingers as fast as mine was against my chest.

"No. You forgot." I reached for the pack of condoms by my hip, pulled one free. "Here."

"Oh. Right." He chuckled. "Haven't used one of these in a long time."

I was his first extramarital lover. He was my first lover. Yes, ever.

It didn't feel right. It felt good. We were perfect for each other. One night. Nothing more. When we were done I had to go back to Queens. He had a wife. I wasn't hurting anyone.

The feeling of his skin on mine when our hands touched brought so much heat into the moment. I leaned up for him, needed to know what he tasted like. Instead of his lips, I felt his fingers. He fisted my hair with his free hand and angled my face so he could get to my neck. His lips were soft and warm on my throat. He moaned into my skin and created tiny vibrations that went deep, made me arch my back. I didn't know what was happening to me. All I knew was how good he was making me feel. It wasn't something I'd fantasized about, but in the moment his touch, his kissing on my neck, his pleasure was exactly what I wanted.

Liam flipped me to my stomach and while I hugged a pillow to brace myself for impact, I heard the plastic tear from the condom wrapper. He stroked my ass as he slid it on with one hand. Guess that skill is like riding a bike; doesn't matter how long you go without riding, once you get back on you're as good as you were the last time. That made me think he'd had lots of lovers before his wife. Lots of experience.

My heart beat like a percussion instrument. I felt him running the tip of his erection against my opening, gently stoking a fire, and jerked. My fingers curled into a grip. We were about to connect in a way I'd never connected to another human being. The girl in me was dying and another creature was being born. Maybe she wouldn't know the suffering and emptiness and sadness that little Kassandra had known. Maybe her world would be different. Full. Complete. Those were my hopes when Liam broke through me in one long, slow stroke. I closed my eyes and bit into the pillow, fighting with everything inside me to not let him know it was my first time. That would have been too humiliating. I fought as hard as I could to not make a sound, but a small one escaped from the back of my throat.

He shuddered inside me. "Jesus, you're tight."

I couldn't speak, couldn't lift my face from his pillow, couldn't even breathe. His first few strokes were slow, almost shy. He measured me then found a rhythm. Momentum. I moved against him, a foreign itch making my pelvis move on its own. Liam groaned, a soft sound. It was like he couldn't handle it, like he was losing control. Liam thrust in and out of me faster and faster, went deeper and deeper. The way he moved was determined, almost violent. I willed myself to stay silent when I really wanted to scream. I thought something was wrong with me. That couldn't be sex. It hurt like hell.

Liam paused abruptly like something snatched him and I felt him shudder again. That time he was stretched deep inside me and I could feel the bed shake beneath our bodies. I opened my eyes. He breathed heavy and didn't move for a while. I didn't move either, not sure what to do, unable to really touch him in the position I was in.

He eased out of me, made me empty again, and I had to sink my teeth into the pillow to stop myself from belting out. It was like my body had gotten used to the form, the fill of his erection. Like my womb was fighting to keep him in there.

I sighed and rolled to my side. Liam flipped me to my back and pulled me until I was directly beneath him again. His touch was rough and commanding. A sheen of sweat glistening over his forehead, he stared at me and I wanted to fold my arms to cover my barely-there breasts. I wasn't usually so self-conscious but the way he studied me, an intense serious expression on his face, our bodies no longer connected, I felt like hiding.

Liam smiled and stroked my body with a hand. He rode the curve of my ribcage down to the crest of my thighs. It was the one without the gold band. It was the Liam that didn't belong to another woman. His touch was gentle, so different from the urgent way he'd been pumping in and out of me seconds earlier. No more urge to cover up. In that moment I felt like I was his. We were the only two people in the world. Every one of my childhood memories were like distant nightmares. The feeling was strange. I wanted him to stay on top of me like that and keep them from haunting me forever.

I wanted Liam to protect me from the phantoms of my past.

"Sorry, gorgeous." He was breathless and blushing through a small smile. "I can use my fingers and finish you off if you want."

"Don't worry. I'm fine."

"You sure?"

I didn't care about being finished off. All I wanted was for him to stay close to me.

I nodded. "Kiss me."

Liam hesitated, still breathing hard, his smile fading as he angled his face and leaned down close for my mouth. I shut my eyes, my heart violent inside my chest. Thunder. I waited for the lightening to strike. I waited for Liam's lips, writhed beneath his weight and anticipated the scratch of the unkempt gruff covering his jaw.

____________________________________

It's ALL in the kiss! You'll have to read on to find out how it goes ;)

Are you IN yet? Don't forget to sign up for my mailing list (huge kisses in advance!) to receive updates of my story + other exclusives (like giveaways + my "Behind the Cover" story) straight to your inbox! All you do is go here >> http://bit.ly/JoinABAMailingList

j'adore
xx

If you liked this, make sure to vote (by clicking the star at the bottom)! And scroll down for more :)