To Sarov and Back

Brandon

After that wonderful night with her I couldn't get her out of my head. I am falling for her. I feel empty without her by my side.

For weeks I've stalked her through social media, the press. I've been harsh and a brute in my office. I have never been this way before even for a woman, but her.

I swallowed my pride, lowered my ego and traveled to her hometown, Sarov, Russia. I checked in a hotel for few weeks to gather all my strength to ask her father's permission to date his stunning heiress.

My palms continue to sweat, i kept fixing my tie, tapping my foot inside my car, i kept shifting on my seat, beads of sweat started to appear on my forehead as we near my destination, the villa of my love. The thought of seeing her again sends me to oblivion. I swallowed hard as my black SUV made a turn to a circular path then came to a halt. My door opened and i was astonished as i take in what's in front of me, an exquisitely well defined villa. All sides has it's purpose, everything was put to good use. The enormous size of its lawn was amazing yet a homey feeling still oozes as i look around. As i took a step forward, men in black suits were lined up. A butler i presumed showed me inside the living room. I sat and waited for them to come see me. While waiting i resume appreciating the interior of their home. All are neatly placed, simple but the elegant touch is always present. I waited for few minutes which is like forever as my nervousness hype up. The butler announced their arrival and my heart kicks off a notch as i stand up to meet my soon to be father in law. He's a six foot tall, gray hair, his skin is pale crimson, he's facial hair hid his strong jaw, his gray eyes seems calm and collected but stron enough to put you on your place. A pure Russian essence emanates his features just like a Mafia boss.

"How nice of you to travel all the way here and visit our humble home... To whom do i owe the pleasure?" He said his voice calm yet possessed an authority which will intimidate even the president of the United States.

My heart beats jolts another mile but i remained formal and kept my composure. I look at my stunning love and answered her father straight and square.

"I'm Brandon Mathews Sire... It's very nice to meet you..." I said my voice turned out raspy.

"Mathews? The Mathews Corp. in New York City am I correct?" He asked while scanning my appearance.

"Precisely sire... I'm the CEO..." I boasted, my tensed muscles relaxed a bit still looking at him.

"Hmmm... What are you doing here in Sarov Mr. Mathews?" He asked again making me sweat.

"To be honest, i came here to ask for your daughter's hand in marriage..." He became silent in instant. Shock is visible on his face. His daughter gasp as if it's the worse thing to say to his beloved father.

A booming laugh roared around the room. When his laugh died down his face became stern and serious.

"You look like a fine man to me Mr. Mathews. A very strong willed person. But..."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••Hey guys I'm working now so it's hard for me to update so please bear with me. Thanks! And don't forget to vote!