Of Geography

It has been so long since we have had to recall that time. The Mother was so much different then. Her oceans and lands were colder and icier. There were the great glaciers to the north and south. There were more of the mountainous Fathers revealing themselves–we are foolish; we do not want to confuse you. All this talk about Mother and Father will drive you mad. You see, in this world–this material world–all things are divided into light and dark; masculine and feminine; active and passive.

But what comes before duality? Preceding two there is only one, and before one there is nothing. This nothingness prevails before all things come into being. It is the void. But there is something. And from this something all things are born. The infinite creates the finite. The shapeless takes form.

Static motion is born from this source. It moves and separation occurs. It is still and separation combines. The emptiness is Mother. The fullness is Father. They harmoniously oppose each other like night and day. Mother is the land. Father is the sky. Mother is the sea. Father is the mountain.

But getting back–yes, yes, yes. In that time of old your planet was referred to as Mother. Now in this age, this Aquarian age, you call her Earth. Oh yes, your sacred Earth. How her face has changed. In that time of old there were the great island continents of Atlantis–once the pride of the Atlantic Ocean. There, you see, that was how the Atlantic Ocean and the Atlas Mountains received their names, from Atlantis of course. We find it amusing that the island continents of Atlantis–actually if we were to go back further Atlantis was a single island continent, but that is for another night's discussion. Yes, getting back, we find it ironic that the once supreme Atlantean civilization is nothing now. A fantastic cosmic joke, really. Nothing remains but your myths, and of the islands themselves there is nothing except for a tiny series of islands that you call the Azores. There are no monuments to be found that bear the Atlantean name. Thus is the way of this very impermanent world; all things must pass into dust and be forgotten.

Your curiosity brings the memory of Atlantis back, and rightfully so, for it is high time that you learn of your ancient heritage. You have grown for so many thousands of years not knowing your true beginnings. You have an entire celestial family that you are totally unaware of; and like all families they have many romantic and hellish stories to share.

Oh yes, getting back, please forgive our ramblings. It is just that it has been some time since we have been asked to recall these memories, and we are getting excited as we remember them.

Yes, in the Ocean of Mu–we apologize again; we mean the Ocean of the Pacific; very confusing is it to juggle geographic names between then and now. In this ocean, there were yet another great series of islands and island continents named, in that age of old, Lemuria. A lovely place it was. In our opinion it was the original Eden, although many will argue against us on that biblical interpretation.

Well, to set the stage or the scene if you will, Atlantis, at that time, was composed of three island continents. The island continent furthest east, nearest your Straits of Gibraltar, was Og; the middle island was called Aryan; and the western island continent, in the area of your Sargasso Sea, was Poseidia.

Poseidia was home to Atlas, the capital of the Atlantean Empire. In that time a city of such colossal size was defined as a city-galaxy. In its youth Atlas was a bright light, a symbol for a legacy of hope that was passed down from the Etheric races of Lemuria. Sadly, it corrupted to become the center of a morally decadent empire.

In its prime, Atlas had approximately fifty-five million inhabitants. It was a marvel, a monument to all the knowledge and technology achieved by your species. Atlas was spectacular with all of its sky-towers, culture, activities, people, and vehicles buzzing about. It was truly a work that has yet to be achieved again on your planet.

Now you ask, "Why did it all end?" Why did Atlantis, in all its glory, disappear from the pages of history? Time creates mountains, dissolves oceans, and wipes away great monuments leaving only faint memories. Atlantis is such a memory, an undying myth. It was felt by some that it was not worth remembering–that it was best left forgotten. Although, in some respects we would agree that some things are better forgotten, we must confess that one can never fully mature without a true understanding of one's own story, of one's former selves. We speak to you tonight to reawaken these memories. To take you back and reconnect you with a former self that had lived many thousands of years ago.

Well, you ask again, "What was it that brought an end to it all?" This is not an easy question to answer, but if we are to begin to tell the tale we will begin in the year thirteen of Andromeda. It was in this year that the Great Evil had revealed itself as the mortal named Maniok.