Of Endings and Beginnings

Oh, dear. We do not mean to sadden you with such a disheartening tale. It ends dark. Yes, this we know. But all things begin in the dark. Always before the light there is darkness, in this realm the material.

Do not fear for here we all are, many thousands of years after these events. It is said by some that history has taught us nothing. Hmmm ... yes, we may understand this point of view, but we do not agree. The legacy of your kind has been smeared with acts of war and hate and greed, all expressions–all acts of fear. Long has your kindred feared–and for good reason. But, yes, this we know, you are not ready yet to hear of these reasons. In time the answers you seek will come.

And here we are, happy, yes. We must admit that we were not looking forward to the telling of the tale we have just told. Too many sad and dark memories does it bring. But, we are quite pleased to begin to tell the tale of the one named Kieko. His story is long, but still when it ends you will find that we are still at a beginning. So far is it to the end–although there are, before we find that end, many endings and beginnings.

This is a beginning. We are getting excited: yes, yes, yes. Its setting is far to the East of Atlantean lands. It is in the region of Kadek, on the Island of Kadek, in the Kingdom of Lemuria that this story ... trinity ... will begin and end.