My Alter Ego and His Ultra Ego - Chapter 1

So welcome to My Alter Ego and His Ultra Ego Chapter 1, it's always great to have you! Cyber cookie anyone? No, okay... ;P

So, I've decided to give this story a go, since I have so much interest... I'm super nervous about how this chapter will go down, so give me tips (Feel free to sugar coat all insults :D).

Chapter 1

A giant, red A+ bounced menacingly over to me. The vast desert-like area was empty of people. It loomed over me, and to my utter shock the middle of the A started singing out

'Don't you with your girlfriend was hot like me.' I gapped as the A started to walk, no longer hovering, towards me in a catwalk-kind of way. 'Don't cha.' It continued while strutting about. The quick movements caused the sand of the desert to rise into a storm. The sand storm advanced and swallowed me up, like I was in a sand timer.

My eyes peeled open, and my fist thumped down on the alarm clock- which was blaring out an annoying beeping.

Freaky...I mean the Pussycat Dolls broke up ages ago. Can't I pick a more recent song to haunt my nightmares?

I looked around the tiny room. I glanced at my corrugated ceiling, as my room is under the stairs that lead to the roof. A book shelf was nailed above my bed. The 'bed' touched three of my walls, and there wasn't exactly a mattress. It's more a collection of well placed, huge bean bags, woollen blankets and what felt like a billion fluffy cushions, my Mom would tell me as a child, that I was a modern day Princess and the Pea. The memory made me smile. I love this room, fairy lights and tacky glow-in-the-dark stars and all.

I reached for my box, painted with fairies, filled with my neatly folded clothes. I picked out a random outfit, more than likely jeans and a t-shirt- the kind outfit Mom would pass out over. But I had a sneaky suspicion Mom wouldn't see it. I showered and completed my morning school routine.

Thursday. Usually I would wake up naturally at Moms flat, as I only stayed here for the weekends. But, yet more renovations are being made to my room at Dads'- knocking down a wall and rearranging my stuff to 'make the most of the new space.' I'd be back on Monday- as I stay at Dad's mansion- for lack of a better word- for the weekdays.

I peaked into Moms room, and as I expected, she was passed out next to some guy. Mom was the proud owner of the second biggest bedroom in the house. And who occupied the biggest room? Not who, but what. Clothes. Designer clothes- rows upon rows, Mom owns the bar/night club below us, and works as a bar maid, it's named Ivy's Rumours. All her money is spent on designer clothes for the both of us, it's almost like she's addicted to designer clothes.

I feel guilty, she thinks I wear these clothes when I go the school. Wrong- I'm a nerd at school. The only head turning I do, is to see if I have a 'kick me' sign on my back.

Being good looking is important to Mom, she being an ex-model. And I do dress up for the weekends- and go out partying. To make her proud of me- she feels we have a connection.

I flipped another pancake I was making, when I heard someone stumble down stairs. The man that was lying next to Mom hopped on one foot while tying to put a shoe on his raised foot. Someone's in a hurry. He was almost out the door without noticing me.

"Howdy." I smiled, leaning against the counter top. Since he was unbalanced to begin with, the sound of my voice had him falling on his butt. "Pancake?" I asked politely. He's rather young, but so is Mom. She had me at seventeen, Dad and Mom were way to young for a kid.