Chapter 10: Misery Loves Company

Ryders P.O.V

        When I'm about to open the beer in my hand, my body twitches as a pair of arms suddenly wrap around me. I look down to see Cindy Laurence looking up at me and biting her bottom lip. 

        "Lucky boy~ Alison finally let you out tonight? Did you come to play with the big girls?" She tried suggesting her boobs were bigger than Alison's by shaking them on my back. I snorted at that comment. Alison doesn't stop me from doing anything, but I guess Cindy thinks she's in a position to tease me. Time to fix that. 

     "I don't have to ask her permission, Cindy. I'm not your plaything." She growls playfully, trying to seem sexy. 

      She must not realize how bad her drunk sweats are at this point. I really hope she doesn't soak my shirt. 

     "You are always playing hard to get. How about I show you how fun being my plaything can be?" Now, Cindy wouldn't be saying this shit if Alison were around, since they are "Best Friends" and all. I'll never understand how they have a friendship. Cindy has been trying to get in my pants since day one! 

     "Uhh, yeah not tonight and not ever, Cindy. Why don't you go and find some brain dead dild to be your toy?" I grab her arms and civilly push her out of my comfort bubble. This is not a confrontation I wanted to make tonight... 

       Alison and I might not be dating and I can see whoever I want on the side, but one girl is enough for my mental energy. I turn to see an open mouth Cindy offended at my remark. I take my beer and try to walk away from her but she grabs onto my arm a bit too forcibly.

        "No one walks away from me like that! You ungrateful dog- I can have any guy I want for your information! I was just making out with one of the hottest guys in school!" My eyes went wide and snapped to her arm. A memory from my youth tried coming back up... Almost out of fear of confronting the memory, I swat away her hand. 

     "Don't ever think for one second that you can put your hands on me like that again. I don't care about some guy's sloppy seconds." I stare her down, masking my internal conflict with intimidation. I turn to leave and all I hear from her is this god-awful screeching noise.

        I needed this night to be better. Fast. I head for the back porch to get some peace and quiet. Just as I step out, enjoying the fresh air, I hear the sound of crying. For a moment I thought I saw my shadow, but when I further investigated, it turned out to be a girl. 

     Realizing that I've just walked in on someone crying, I froze. I would usually have no issue and be on my way, but part of me empathized with her. Strange, considering the types of girls here are mostly superficial and will take any excuse to cry. Just never alone... Something's pulling me toward her, something deep in my brain. 

     I clear my throat and make my steps easy for her to hear. Before I could speak, her hand moves away from her face and I recognized her immediately. It's the girl from the mall, and Andrew's sister, Aria. "Yo... are you okay?"

                                                        Aria's P.O.V

        "Yo... are you okay?" Was I okay? No, I feel like my heart has been shattered into a million pieces. I just can't understand why Zack would do that to me... After telling him everything I have been through and all the pain I am feeling. I thought he respected me as a 'crush' but I guess that's the meaning of a 'crush'. They come into your life and make you feel special one second and the next they leave you with this tight feeling in your chest.