Chapter 11: Is this my own personal hell?

Aria's p.o.v

      I'm at the party again, and I am standing there watching in horror as I see Zack kissing that girl again. I feel like my heart is getting ripped open all over again and I don't know what to do. All I want to do is run, but I am frozen in place. As I'm watching him kiss her, they suddenly stop and his head snaps towards me. He smiles this wicked grin I have never seen before and opens his mouth.

      "You thought I could like a girl like you? Aww, you did, didn't you? How could I like a girl who killed her own father."

       Everyone around me turns and starts laughing, pointing their fingers at me. The tears streamed down my face, but I still can't run away. I hear a faint voice in the background and jolt up out of bed.

     "Finally! Jeez, Aria I thought you were never going to wake up! Come on, get ready. Almost time for school." Great... First day of H E Double hockey stick!

      I'm just stepping out of the car when I hear a squeal. Emma runs up to me, giving me a suffocating hug.

      "Can you not be so happy? It's the first day of school and I thought you hated it just as much as me." She smiles and taps me on the nose.

      "Yes, but I feel it this year is going to be our greatest adventure! Can't you just feel it?" She does this little jump that somehow looks very graceful and girly. 'Greatest adventure', huh? We will see about that. I look up at my school and sigh.

      This place used to be a lively place with recognizable faces. Its tan bricks seemed to look fake in the morning light, ready to crack and reveal the thick iron bars of this Teenager Day Care.

      The crowds of students waiting for the first bell didn't seem to be full of real people anymore, just simulations programmed to fill the attendance sheet. How can something be so different after just half a year? Here I go for another year at Placer High.

      Unfolding my schedule for the 7th time today, I made my way through the halls of other paper-holding students to my 3rd class of the day. It was just Creative Writing but I was looking forward to seeing who I had in my class. My 1st and 2nd period were voids of any familiar faces. Surely I have to know somebody in my next one. I'm wishing for anyways...

      Spotting my class's room number, I quickly enter and scope the faces of everyone. My shoulders dropped and I cursed myself for not being more specific with what I was wishing for. Who should be in there? Yup, you guessed it, Ryder Bentley and his friend Derek. This day couldn't get any better, could it?

      "All right, everyone take a seat. Welcome to Creative Writing where you will be assigned a writing partner for the rest of the year." Everyone in the class sighed while I crossed my fingers and prayed that it would be anyone other than Ryder or Derek. I clearly haven't had contact with Ryder since that night, and I don't plan on it either.

      "First on the list is Lisa Cartwright and Crystal Sanchez." After the first set of names were called I tuned her out, trying to figure out what I would say to Ryder if he approached me at all. Which I clearly doubt that he's going to but if he did... I guess running away has always been a good plan.

      "Aria Nova and Ryder Bentley." My eye twitched. Yup, the world hated me. I looked up to see him staring back at me. Ryder winks at me before turning to look back at Derek, shaking his head. He seems just as pleased to have me as his partner as I am to have him. I put my head down just wanting this day to be over and done with.