Chapter 18: Who knew he had a sweet side?

Ryders P. O. V

        I'm wide awake laying in bed because sleep is eluding me. Grateful that tomorrow is Saturday. Although I need to get some sleep because I have to be out of the house in about 5 hours before he wakes up. I feel all tense and I can't relax, no matter how hard I try. What Derek said still stuck in my head and the memories he brought up.

    The room brightens up a bit, and I look over at my phone. Picking it up, I see I have a text message from Aria. That's a little unusual, so I looked at the time on my phone telling me it was 2 am. Why was she texting me? Opening the text, she asked me, 'Are you awake?'.

Me; Yeah, why what's up?

Aria; Well, this will sound strange.

Me;?

Aria; I need help.

Me; Are you okay? Did something happen?

Aria; Kind of I just... I don't know what I am doing anymore or why I am texting you.

Me; ????

Aria; I just need someone to talk to... someone that I don't have to worry about always tiptoeing around me and them putting my feelings above theirs.

    I'm not trying to be rude or anything, I just don't know why she is coming to me about this and I don't know what to say. So I didn't text back anything.

Aria; Sorry I shouldn't have texted you. Just needed some advice because I need to put my feelings aside and put up an act for them so they can grieve. Sorry to have bothered you. Just don't know what to do anymore...

    Feeling like a dick because she wasn't bothering me, she was just confusing me about why she wants my help. I'm not someone that people go to when they need advice about anything. Most people just try to avoid me with all the rumors that fly around me. I'm just not that guy that whenever someone needs help, I'm the first one they call. Maybe that's why that night they didn't come to me. I can't make that same mistake again.

Me; Don't be sorry. I just didn't know anybody who would text me for help ;)

Aria; Yeah, me either, but I can't go to Em about this.

Me; HEY! Don't offend me here.

Aria; Sorry!

Me; Stop saying sorry.

Aria; Okay, Sorry.

Me; there you go again. I'm not sure what kind of advice to give you.

Aria; That's okay... weird question, but are you busy today?

    I know that I shouldn't say yes because I don't know how to help this girl, and I'm not someone that she should hang out with but I'm guessing that she needs to get away from something. Not sure why I feel a need to help her, but why not? She doesn't seem like she wants to talk to the closest people around her. So a stranger must seem to be perfect.