12. Swimming to Shore

"Arielle! Why do you always walk away!" I felt Levi's familiarly strong hand, gripping my arm around, causing me to turn my body towards him.

"Because it's the only way I can avoid how twisted this team really is!" I snapped, lashing my arm away from him.

He looked visibly hurt as I kept moving back from him. "Arielle, just calm down and we'll talk."

"Levi, there's no point! The whole team now knows we kissed! We just got carried away okay? That kiss didn't mean anything." I crossed my arms as I watched his face anguish from what I said.

I continued. "And are you aware of how good your reputation at school is? If everyone finds out you kissed me, you get rewarded by applause and cheers, and what do I get? I get called words such as whore, slut, and many other pathetic names!" I continued as I watched his face turn pale, his mouth subtly widening.

"What makes you say that? Why would they even say that to you? You're the sweetest girl I've ever met Arielle, there's no way they would.." He muttered, moving his body closer towards me.

I rolled my eyes at him. "You literally don't understand do you? Did you know about that girl who was known as the Amphitrite Whore because they thought the head football player took her virginity, even though he was just her bestfriend?" I huffed as I squinted my eyes in annoyance, backing up away from him.

"Ofcourse! Who would forget about her." He anxiously laughed, not aware of what I was gonna say next which made my blood start to boil.

"Well, I was the Amphitrite Whore." I let out a deep sigh as I felt my eyes start to water, seeing his face visibly feeling bad for laughing.

I just turned my back around on Levi who was still behind me, not saying a single word or doing a single move, but it was obvious he knew he messed up.

"The kiss, Arielle it might not have meant anything to you, but it did for me.." He let out behind me with strong sincerity from his voice.

I turned around. "Levi! You're being delusional! This isn't middle school! We've known each other for like, 5 days!" I exclaimed.

"5 weeks! Maybe even more!" Levi turned back around as he replied.

"Does it feel like 5 weeks or more? That kiss was out of pleasure, you'd be lying if you said it wasn't. There's no way you can act like we're dating, especially when we've only known each other for 5 weeks!" I ranted, watching his face break apart before me.

His eyes closed for a quick second as he clenched his fists at me.

There was a small pause, but I had enough. This is dumb, everything is happening too quickly and he needs to understand that! 

I turned back around as I sighed quietly, thoughts running through my head.

As I prepared to walk away with the tears emitting from my eyes, memories flashed through my head of how it felt to be treated a long time ago.