37. Blood Rain

"Has she tried talking to you after what happened?" Savannah questioned, getting in line for her Starbucks drink.

"I don't think I'll ever talk to Vanessa again to be honest. I just really need her out of my life, permanently." I replied dryly, telling Savannah that she was next in line with my eyes.

"What do you plan on doing for revenge?" Savannah queried, grabbing both of our drinks from the counter.

"It's not worth it. I don't wanna stoop that low to her level and think about revenge. It's just not worth it." I replied, taking a quick sip of the divine drink Savannah ordered for me.

"Did you know Diamond can sing?" Savannah bursted out, showing me a picture from Diamond's Instagram of her in what looked like a recording studio.

"Wait what? What do you mean?" I furrowed down my eyebrows.

"She's like in this girl group called Diamond Dynasty now. It's insane." Savannah seemed surprised and excited as she told me about this weird news.

"Well at least she knows what to work on after graduation." I smiled, genuinely happy for her future.

"Can you believe that there's like 5 months left of school left and then we're off to college? What do you think you'll be in the future?" Savannah questioned happily.

Knowing that she probably wouldn't take me seriously if I said an Olympian swimmer, I just decided to say whatever. "I really don't know. But if everything else fails, catch me at your local strip club with the stage name of Arielle The Mermaid." What I said made both me and Savannah crack up, catching some eyes to awkwardly look at us.

Swimming practice was insanely awkward between me and Levi

Swimming practice was insanely awkward between me and Levi. I still couldn't get over the fact that he had the nerve to throw me a dirty look after what had happened. Out of all the people who I thought could've started that rumor, never in my life did I think about Vanessa doing it. It was just so unexpected and it makes it way worse that she owned up to it.

After practice, Xavier insisted that he wanted to take me somewhere special which sort of makes me feel better.

"Are you just gonna stand there and look at the concrete or are you gonna get in?" Xavier's familiarly deep voice cut me off my state of thought, causing me to turn my head to him.

"Who's car is this?" I questioned, examining the beautifully matte black jeep.

"Mine." A voice came from the driver's seat. "Remember me?" The luscious husky voice let out again, making me immediately wanna look at the guy whom this voice belonged to.