40. A Small Ripple for a Large Ocean

Day 4 before Graduation day.

It felt somewhat satisfying to know that I wasn't the only one worried about the future. Day after day, the time for graduation felt a lot more closer, and I still didn't feel content to what I wanted to be. Those 5 months passed by like nothing.

"Arielle, Coach Alex is planning to make an announcement, come out as soon as you can." Logan's deep voice chimed in.

"I'll be right there." I smiled back, immediately cutting off my thoughts to walk over to the pool where everyone was located at.

Coach Alex gave me a polite nod before he spoke. "Alright, all of you have to listen. As you probably already know, Graduation day is in 4 days." He took a quick breath as if he was trying to fight off incoming tears. "And I just wanted to personally congratulate every single one of you in excelling my expectations this year, and I truly appreciate all your hard work. But now, I just want all of you do me one last favor. Will you do that for me?" His voice echoed.

"Yes." We all answered in unison.

"I want you all to promise me, that after you guys graduate, you all won't forget the memories we made together, and most of all, how strong our bond as a team has grown." He beamed wildly, suddenly tears rolling down his face. We formed a huge group hug and then proceeded to promise him not to forget anything. I couldn't lie and say I didn't wanna cry myself.

It sucks to see time past by so fast, and it truly hurts to know you can't do anything to change that.

Day 3 before Graduation day.

"It seems like everyone's going to ASU, where are you going?" Xavier queried, causing me to let out a confused look on my face as I struggled to zip up the dress I picked out to wear to the Graduation after party.

"What's ASU?" I questioned awkwardly, having the feeling that I should know what ASU is.

"Amphitrite State University. How do you not know that?" He laughed, playfully throwing a piece of crumpled paper at me.

"What the hell? I thought Amphitrite was only Kindergarten to 12th grade? I didn't know anything about a University?" I literally felt so shocked to not even know anything about this.

"They just opened it 2 months ago." He replied, his face staying unreadable like always.

"Then I'll have to think about it. Why, are you going to ASU?" I questioned, curious to what he was gonna say.

"It depends." He answered shakingly, his eyes quickly moving away from mine, his cheeks suddenly burning to a rosy shade.