16. I'm surprised you haven't broken it yet

Thirteen's POV

"Do I even want to know how the hell you know where my house is?"

"Nope," I answer Cody as I remove the helmet from my head and place it on the back of the motorcycle.

"Stalker alert," Devin mutters. I kick him in the shins.

"Why are we here?" Cody asks.

"Because your house is one of the only ones not listed in the agency's database."

"So?"

"So, I'm not feeling too confident about trusting said database right now and we need someplace to lay low for a week or so." I reply to him before muttering under my breath so they can't here, "I'll be having a strong worded conversion with Zero later, one that he will not enjoy."

"What the hell am I supposed to tell my parents?" he questions.

I shrug, "Anything." he grumbles to himself quietly. I jester for him to go to the door, I mean it is his house after all. He groans and stalks towards the door dramatically. He presses the doorbell.

The door is opened by a woman in her late forties, early fifties, she...well, now I know which parent Cody looks like.

Her face lights up so much when she sees him and she runs towards him without hesitation and throws her arms around him. I don't believe she's noticed us.

"Cody! Why didn't you tell me you were coming? I would've prepared food and," I stop listening as she continues to ramble.

"Mom." Cody finally interrupts her. "I didn't really know I was coming." he shoots me a glare and I yawn while flipping him off, his eyes narrow. His mother finally seems to notice everyone else standing behind him.

"Oh hello boys." she greets them but her eyes never leave me. I can tell she's assessing me, probably wondering who I am, and what I'm doing here.

"Hey Mrs. T," Devin replies with a wave of his hand. Chase and Jason nod in greeting and she gives each one a hug. She finally turns towards me.

"And who might you be?" She asks politely. "I never saw you before and Cody has never brought home any girl as beautiful as you." she gushes. I raise my eyebrow.

Cody chokes on his spit, eyes going wide.

"I'm Thirteen," I reply sweetly.

Cody's still choking, but now I think it's because he's discovering that, yes I can, in fact, be nice.

She laughs lightly, "Oh no dear," she says, "There's no need to use your agency numbers here." she waves her hand around slightly as she talks. I glance over at Cody for help. She seems like a really nice lady and I don't want to seem rude not telling her my name.

He seems to understand and calls out to her, "Mom," she turns towards him, away from me and I can't help the sigh of relief I let out. "Can we get into the house please?"

"Oh, of course! You're all probably exhausted! Right this way." She disappears into the house and the boys follow her first and then I do.

"I'm so sorry we only have one guest room available right now." She says to us.

"What?" Cody questions "Why?"

"Well-" She starts but suddenly stops as the sound of thudding footsteps echo from the stairway.

"Hayden?" Cody says in disbelief and a smile spreads across his face as his older brother descends down the staircase.

"Hey bro," he says, "Mom didn't tell me you were coming back so soon." he claps Cody on the back as they pull away from a hug. They obviously don't see each other much.